Home

Madden vs. NCAA and dont even.....

This is a discussion on Madden vs. NCAA and dont even..... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-11-2004, 09:06 PM   #1
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4
Question Madden vs. NCAA and dont even.....

.........mention the fact NCAA's presentation, franchise/dynasty, sound, commentary are better. I want to know which ones GAMEPLAY is better. Which one do you enjoy better 1) running up the middle (ie less mario running)

2) playing defense and being able to make an impact with your controlled player-particularly linebacker for the run and safety for the pass.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 10:12 PM   #2
Rookie

m7406's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Madden vs. NCAA and dont even.....

some feedback would be greatly appreciated because I am thinking of trading in NCAA towards Madden
Old 08-11-2004, 10:52 PM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Madden is hands down the better game out of the two, no doubt.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-11-2004, 11:12 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

It really all comes down to a matter of taste for which style you like better.

If you like the controlled, chess-match approach to the game, get Madden. With the defensive playmaker additions, the defense now has a tool to react to various offensive shifts and adjustments.

If you like the wide-open, passionate atmosphere of college ball, buy NCAA. The option game alone is fun to run, but the home-field advantage, while not overdone, can have a tremendous effect on the course of the game.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:37 PM   #5
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

I couldn't tell you which one is technically better. All I know is that for 3 years running now, I've had a lot more FUN playing NCAA than Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-11-2004, 11:39 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazhirui
I couldn't tell you which one is technically better. All I know is that for 3 years running now, I've had a lot more FUN playing NCAA than Madden.

Me to, but this year may be different...I'm really liking Madden and the new additions. The big bugga boo for me and the only hting that bugs me about NCAA is the fact that if you lose one game in season/dynasty mode you lose a chance at winning it all. Jus tlike in real life.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:47 PM   #7
L*v* *nd H*n*r t* M**m*

mazhirui's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioactiveman
The big bugga boo for me and the only hting that bugs me about NCAA is the fact that if you lose one game in season/dynasty mode you lose a chance at winning it all. Jus tlike in real life.
That's actually what I love about NCAA. Every game is huge. The additions in Madden this year are great, but I don't really think that it puts it over the top for me. I think it was nudged a step closer to NCAA from last year, but not past it. For comparison, last year I completed one full season of Madden, but completed like eight seasons in NCAA. Madden just didn't hold my attention. I'm guessing this year I figure I'll probably play 3 seasons of Madden or something, maybe 6 of NCAA.

Of course, my interest in the NFL is also dependent on how much more progress the Bengals make this year. If they slip into their old ways (which I can't believe Marvin Lewis will allow them to do), there will be a lot less Madden.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:03 AM   #8
MVP

myownsun's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Madden is hands down the better game out of the two, no doubt.
You sir are 100% right

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »