Home

How Can Anyone...put Up With This!

This is a discussion on How Can Anyone...put Up With This! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2004, 08:25 AM   #25
Pro

Chibi's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: How Can Anyone...put Up With This!

I'm less than pleased with the running game in Madden (maybe ESPN spoiled me, and maybe I still need to adjust), but there's a lot of promise -- much more than Madden 2004 ever showed me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 08:41 AM   #26
Pro

OVR: 5

Hey let the fella express himself. There is no reason to say that he sucks, or who cares, just because he doesn't share your opinion of the game. I'm a real fan of ESPN, but I think Madden is a great game. My man Footballforever says he thinks the running game in Madden is superior to ESPN, well I think he's high on something, but I say that in jest!

I respect his opinion, though I disagree with it. There are some things that Madden does very well and vise-versa. If you are use to the running game in ESPN, then you have to realize that you cannot expect the same from Madden. That in no way makes Madden's running game inferior. I think that EA has done a fine job with the Madden franchise, and the only reason I did not purchase it this year is because ESPN satisfies my football needs. But had Madden upgraded it's graphics for Xbox, it's commentary, and it's presentation, things might have been different.

Notice the things I mentioned are all really cosmetic. I believe EA will address these issues, as well as the "Mario running" now that the gameplay is really coming together very well. These are my honest feelings. Now do you see how I posted respectfully, and not dissing simply because my opinion is different. I highy reccomend making valid and sensible post regarding problems you have with the game, if you want to avoid the flames war.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:04 AM   #27
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by highpressure
Hey let the fella express himself. There is no reason to say that he sucks, or who cares, just because he doesn't share your opinion of the game. I'm a real fan of ESPN, but I think Madden is a great game. My man Footballforever says he thinks the running game in Madden is superior to ESPN, well I think he's high on something, but I say that in jest!

I respect his opinion, though I disagree with it. There are some things that Madden does very well and vise-versa. If you are use to the running game in ESPN, then you have to realize that you cannot expect the same from Madden. That in no way makes Madden's running game inferior. I think that EA has done a fine job with the Madden franchise, and the only reason I did not purchase it this year is because ESPN satisfies my football needs. But had Madden upgraded it's graphics for Xbox, it's commentary, and it's presentation, things might have been different.

Notice the things I mentioned are all really cosmetic. I believe EA will address these issues, as well as the "Mario running" now that the gameplay is really coming together very well. These are my honest feelings. Now do you see how I posted respectfully, and not dissing simply because my opinion is different. I highy reccomend making valid and sensible post regarding problems you have with the game, if you want to avoid the flames war.

Let me clear up my statment, The running animations as a whole go to ESPN(ex. like the skinny move and the hands on the O lines back stuff like that) but the way the running game feels in Madden is much better then ESPN, the running games is so much smoother in Madden , if I got a guy like Tiki barber and im in the open feild I can feel Tiki picking up speed and then he's out like a burgler in the night. In ESPN if I'm in the same situation I fell no momentum what so ever and Tiki will get caught by like a LB wich is not real at all. PLus I think the jukes are really done Bad in ESPN they seem to never work and if they do they only work every 1 in like 20 try's, Madden jukes don't work all the time either wich is a great thing because last year they worked to good. One other thing I thing Madden does better in the running game is when a player cuts back on a dime, it looks and feels much better the ESPN.

Oh well, Im not trying to start I own both games and both are great and they both bring somthing new to the table, I'll give both credit, but for me, Ive been a NFL/ESPN fan for the last 5 years and I really didn't buy Madden for the last two years, growing up I was always a big time Madden fan, until SEGA brought NFL2k to the table, but this year its back to Madden and its all good. I just like Madden better this year. Sega just has two many issues and we all know what they are, One thing that Makes MADEEN better and its a big issue for me Is FRANCHISE, nobody does franchise better then EA.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-12-2004, 09:13 AM   #28
MVP

OVR: 8

I think this game is amazing, and that's all that matters. What I think.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:14 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Mo what are you talking about, ping ball? I like Maddens running game 50x better then ESPN, the running game in madden is far smoother and the players running animations are way better in Madden. Plus in ESPN the second you touch the turbo button the players are like magnets and just get to runner way to fast, and thats not real at all. In Madden the runners run far then ESPN, thats my opinion. I really don't know how people think the running game in ESPN is good, I think it sux.
You have to patient wait on blocking use the skills the game gave u to run. Much more rewarding than Maddens. You only use the turbo running when u get out into the secondary not behind the Oline. WAIT FOR YOUR BLOCKING. Patience. And Run with Power!
Have u ever shook mans hand and his grip feels weak. Everytime i shake someone's hand if it is a weak shake i usually come to the conclusion that he is a wimp. That is how i feel about Maddens running. Feels wimpy.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:15 AM   #30
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

It's like this is the first time in Madden where following your blockers rewards you with yardage. It's amazing to me, being the long time VC fan that I am, that I got more enjoyment out of Madden yesterday than I've gotten the whole 3 weeks that I've had ESPN...and I was playing on default All-Madden.
Old 08-12-2004, 09:15 AM   #31
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRangers31
I think this game is amazing, and that's all that matters. What I think.
Truth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 09:16 AM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
Let me clear up my statment, The running animations as a whole go to ESPN(ex. like the skinny move and the hands on the O lines back stuff like that) but the way the running game feels in Madden is much better then ESPN, the running games is so much smoother in Madden , if I got a guy like Tiki barber and im in the open feild I can feel Tiki picking up speed and then he's out like a burgler in the night. In ESPN if I'm in the same situation I fell no momentum what so ever and Tiki will get caught by like a LB wich is not real at all. PLus I think the jukes are really done Bad in ESPN they seem to never work and if they do they only work every 1 in like 20 try's, Madden jukes don't work all the time either wich is a great thing because last year they worked to good. One other thing I thing Madden does better in the running game is when a player cuts back on a dime, it looks and feels much better the ESPN.

Oh well, Im not trying to start I own both games and both are great and they both bring somthing new to the table, I'll give both credit, but for me, Ive been a NFL/ESPN fan for the last 5 years and I really didn't buy Madden for the last two years, growing up I was always a big time Madden fan, until SEGA brought NFL2k to the table, but this year its back to Madden and its all good. I just like Madden better this year. Sega just has two many issues and we all know what they are, One thing that Makes MADEEN better and its a big issue for me Is FRANCHISE, nobody does franchise better then EA.
If EA so great with there Franchise why did u Play the 2k series all those years?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »