Home

Official Trade Talk Thread...

This is a discussion on Official Trade Talk Thread... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2004, 01:21 AM   #49
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Official Trade Talk Thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
Preceptor, just looked at the link to your dynasty, that is really cool. I bet it makes you even more involved in the game if you have to write about and do that website?? Really cool website!
Thanks It's a great site to keep journals...I do it for my NHL and MLB franchise modes too....

Don't mean to sound like a promoter, but you can sign up at www.dynastymanager.com for an NFL page...
Old 08-17-2004, 04:56 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Has anyone else had problems trading draft picks for other picks? I've noticed on draft day that the CPU teams will package say a 1 and a 3 to move up higher in the first, usually about 4-6 spots, but today I saw a trade that packaged a 1 and a 3 (both in the 17th spot of their respective rounds) and moved all the way up to the 3rd pick overall. Anytime I try the same strategy to move up even 3-5 spots Im rejected. Is it just me?
Old 08-17-2004, 02:50 PM   #51
Rookie

sorry, can't say i have in fact i haven't made any trades yet. I am still in year 1 of my Texans franchise i like all the players on my team too much!! LOL!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 03:11 PM   #52
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by danifestmestiny
Has anyone else had problems trading draft picks for other picks? I've noticed on draft day that the CPU teams will package say a 1 and a 3 to move up higher in the first, usually about 4-6 spots, but today I saw a trade that packaged a 1 and a 3 (both in the 17th spot of their respective rounds) and moved all the way up to the 3rd pick overall. Anytime I try the same strategy to move up even 3-5 spots Im rejected. Is it just me?
I've seen all those CPU trades and I like that they are in the game, it makes the draft a little more interesting. I don't really check, but hopefully these teams trading up are doing it to get one specific player, not just for the heck of it.

I haven't tried to offer anything like that to the CPU, you probably have to find just the right mix to send to get a deal done, maybe the teams trading their picks don't see anyone they like? I don't know how we would be expected to know this, but hopefully there's more behind the trades than just random pick trading between CPU teams.....
Old 08-17-2004, 03:38 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 11

i've only traded up once i had the 3rd and 32nd pick and i package that with a 2nd (32nd) and move upto number 1 to get a dt, the bengals were draafting first and needed help there so i had to get to that postion
Old 08-17-2004, 06:38 PM   #54
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

I haven't tried trading picks yet, but I do have the Lions' pick so it might be higher than mine
Old 08-20-2004, 12:16 AM   #55
Rookie

Preceptor, what difficulty level are you playing on?? i am playing on all pro and i am starting to blow out other teams. Like the last 2 games i have score 50 or more and they weren't against bad teams the Broncos and the Colts. And as much as i love the Texans they don't have that good of an offense. so i was just wondering!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 01:32 AM   #56
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel
Preceptor, what difficulty level are you playing on?? i am playing on all pro and i am starting to blow out other teams. Like the last 2 games i have score 50 or more and they weren't against bad teams the Broncos and the Colts. And as much as i love the Texans they don't have that good of an offense. so i was just wondering!
I've also been playing on all-pro and I do blow out teams - with the exception of Philly, I;ve scored 30 points or more against bad teams....

I may have to ramp up the AI some more because I can score bundles but it's also because Minnesota is an awesome offensive team...Moss is a beast in this game

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »