Home

Need your opnion on what I think of Madded/EA.

This is a discussion on Need your opnion on what I think of Madded/EA. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2004, 11:40 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Need your opnion on what I think of Madded/EA.

I posted the following under the thread "little things I like" about ESPN 2k5 in the ESPN forum and would like to know whats your take on where the part I mention above Madden. I'm no fanboy either and play games if I think they're good regardless of the company or franchise.

"Thanks to the person for starting this thread, it has to be one of the more positive thread started in a while. Yes, its the things in the game that is never mention is what I like about it. Wether it's the gamplay,presentation or graphics there is something new I see in the game everytime. Things like...

-Player interaction/communicating with each other on and off the field.
-The reaction you get on the sidelines in response of how the game is played.
-Graphic effects like the big blimp shadow overcast or the different setting of the time of days.
-Ref/chain guy communication
-player facial expression
-30+ TD celebration ( I get a kick just watching those alone!)

...and there're probally more that I haven't seen yet. The game overall feel immersive than any other football game I've played do to the little things above and the excellent graphics and presentation coupled with a very acceptable gameplay is good enough for me. The most important part of any sports game is the atmosphere and the mood I get when playing them and ESPN captured all of that nicely. I started to play football game just two years ago when I first got real interested in football. There were a lot of hyped and support for Madden...I mean, all of my friends only play Madden like they were paid to do so.lol Fortunately for me I didn't draw myself into the hype and just rented both game and I feel highly that ESPN is a much better game for the reason mention above. I don't know if all of you will agree with me but I rather have ESPN be the UNDERDOG in respect to Madden for several reason. One is that ESPN would be more monivated to bring out the best in their game every year. Secondly, I feel ESPN would be more dedicated and devoted to their fans. Finally, and most important they won't sell out.Yes, I do feel like Madden had sold out since it first appeared on the PS2. History have shown that Madden have had a large following since the 16-bit days and has contiued to grow to this day...in other word, its a franchise of its own and a very big one at that. Its in my opinion,that EA marketed Madden solely by its name "Madden" and its successfull franchise in which the fans had already been sold rather than whats in the game. They could just sell a minor updated version of their games each year and still make more money off of that. There's no excuse for a million dollar cooperation as big as EA to release a game thats not far superior than the previous ones, but they don't need to. Why waste time and effort when you already know the critics,magazine and the fans got your back. I do feel EA is slacking too much judging by their own fans critizing Madden 2005 in their forum and will expect them to get a complete over haul of the game in the next generation of the game consoles. I truely believe that had Madden came into existence the same time as Sega(ESPN) back in the Dreamcast day in 2001 it would've been a whole different story. Also, I think ESPN have its share of problems and glitches but no game is pefect and I think ESPN have more of the nessessarry things that I look for in a game. Its impossible for EA and ESPN to create a game that everyone likes and agree on for the simple fact that everyone have their own views of what a perfect or great game should be. I'm not knocking on EA either since I'm very interested in NBA Live 2k5 and believes it will be better than the new ESPN basketball so far, from all the information I'v learn about the game but thats a whole different story and is yet remain to be seen."
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2004, 12:04 PM   #2
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Need your opnion on what I think of Madded/EA.

Sounds to me like graphics mean everything to you. I see nothing on that list about gameplay at all.
Old 08-12-2004, 12:24 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod
Sounds to me like graphics mean everything to you. I see nothing on that list about gameplay at all.
Yes, grahics means a lot to me for the reason mention above, and I also think both ESPN and Madden have the same acceptable level in gameplay with each having their own ups and down thats already been dsicuss to death in both forum, take or lose a few points from each, but thats not the point here. I just wanted a response for what I've said/discussed about the franchise of Madden and how it affected the outcome of sales and attention compared to ESPN's.How did you feel about it...were you leaning towards my opinion or did you disagree all together and why?
Old 08-12-2004, 05:34 PM   #4
Rookie

No response from anyone? So I rest my case than.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:42 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I agree bro. ESPN is full of bugs, so I'm Madden all the way til VC gets their act together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 02:20 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

you lookin for an opinion on your opinion?

well you make a lot of good points on the graphics - because they are beautiful. and as far as gameplay goes, i think espn is right up there. both matter a lot to me. it's like being attracted to a girl who is very hot but also has a great personality. espn is that girl for me. as for madden i've been playing it everyday at work on my lunch break and i like it so far but it seems like last year's with a new coat of paint. i do intend to give madden a longer look after reading all about it here over the past few days, but i'm renting and not buying for now.
Old 08-13-2004, 03:42 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

Graphics and prenentation are nice, but don't go that far for me.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:41 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 1

No you Madden guys keep buying this game for it's horrendous game play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »