Home

WOW read this review of Madden 2005

This is a discussion on WOW read this review of Madden 2005 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2004, 05:34 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: WOW read this review of Madden 2005

When I took issue with Spin review from Madden WishList , I pointed out specific issues I had with his review. I think the core of his review made some valid points. Instead turning this into one website vs another website or another espn vs maden topic. Discuss his points regarding the game.

I am going back into practice mode.

Peace
Old 08-13-2004, 07:17 PM   #74
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi151
you guys have never heard of sportsreviewers?
Oh, I've heard of them, just never bothered to go to the site. Glad I didn't..

My Blog
Old 08-13-2004, 07:29 PM   #75
MVP

bball_1523's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Virtually nothing in that review is "true". It's a collection of opinions(look it up) on certain elements he doesn't care for, backed up by little apart from half-assed examples and curse words. It's utterly useless drivel, a complete waste of time and bandwidth.
his review is written horribly and is very very immature, but a lot of his "opinions" you might call, are "facts" and I have seen them with my own eyes. I'm not saying madden sucks, I'm just pointing out that what that sportsreviewer guy wrote about the cheap bugs in the game is true. Please do us a favor and look for the errors yourself, I'm sure you'll find them. Today I was playing madden and I tried to tackle the rb with my Lb, and wow, the LB literally glided to tackle the rb. It's one of the errors he is talking about.

I hope you guys don't think I'm an ESPN fanboy, because there are errors in that game that make me think twice, such as the ugly franchise mode. I'm probably gonna use madden for franchise, and ESPN for everything else, especially online mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 07:42 PM   #76
MVP

OVR: 17

My thoughts exactly, but coogrfan can keep believing otherwise because he is clueless
Old 08-17-2004, 04:42 PM   #77
Banned

OVR: 12

A more reasonable "review" from the same site but by a different person:

http://www.sportsreviewers.com/coach.htm
Old 08-17-2004, 05:48 PM   #78
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wco81
A more reasonable "review" from the same site but by a different person:

http://www.sportsreviewers.com/coach.htm

Its the same dude who wrote the first review, he such an @ss he knew he shouldn't of had wrote that in the first, now he'e chaning to be more civil instead of dumb @ss, that site it a joke along with the guy who owns it. I will never even think about that joke of a site.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-17-2004, 06:14 PM   #79
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bball_1523
his review is written horribly and is very very immature, but a lot of his "opinions" you might call, are "facts" and I have seen them with my own eyes. I'm not saying madden sucks, I'm just pointing out that what that sportsreviewer guy wrote about the cheap bugs in the game is true. Please do us a favor and look for the errors yourself, I'm sure you'll find them. Today I was playing madden and I tried to tackle the rb with my Lb, and wow, the LB literally glided to tackle the rb. It's one of the errors he is talking about.

I hope you guys don't think I'm an ESPN fanboy, because there are errors in that game that make me think twice, such as the ugly franchise mode. I'm probably gonna use madden for franchise, and ESPN for everything else, especially online mode.
Just because you're in agreement with this guy on certain issues does not make these positions facts. It means you share the same opinions(there's that word again). The problem with the review is that he basically expects the reader to simply accept everything he says without question. Sorry, no sale.

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-17-2004 at 06:31 PM.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:56 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by noize
I would like a copy of your NCAA 2005, but its impossible to explain...well I will try. Its b/c most of us are young Madden player so we love the cartoon and un-proportional look of the player model and and feel its superior in that sense. Can you still give me the game?
I think that EAs football games were rushed out this year, and wern't fully tested for bugs. I have written a little thing to try and explain why some people get flicker and slowdown and others don't. You can read it here : Why some of us have slowdown/flicker, and others don't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »