Home

Player personnel is a huge part of success in Madden

This is a discussion on Player personnel is a huge part of success in Madden within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2004, 12:12 PM   #57
Banned

Freelance's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Player personnel is a huge part of success in Madden

As the precurer of this thread, I deem it back to the topic at hand.....Madden!

That dang, Bk.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:14 PM   #58
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod
As the precurer of this thread, I deem it back to the topic at hand.....Madden!

That dang, Bk.
exactly, he and P2K love taking shots at the Boys and their fans. I know having hope is not something associated with the Chargers. Ok, i'm done.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 08-13-2004, 12:16 PM   #59
MVP

jujuhound's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
That's the best you can come up with? Charger fans tend to stay realistic. Cowboy fans love to tell us how great they are, whether they are 5-11 or 10-6.

Funny but sad.

As far as next rated Charger, we'll just have to see. Probably Antonio Gates, who may end up being a better TE even than the great Jason Witten.
Having watched Jason Witten closely all through college, I can tell you he is an absolute stud. I would not be surprised at all if he did have a breakout year. In the bowl game his senior year, he outran the entire Michigan secondary on his way to a long touchdown. No one really came close to catching him. Great hands as well. The only really good TE the Vols have had in a long time.

Edit: By the way, I'm a huge Eagles fan, so I hate the Cowboys.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:19 PM   #60
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Good post erod...I actually thought it a thing of beauty to watch cpu defenses double and sometimes triple Tony Gonzalez. It's crazy how the cpu defense notes your #1 recieving threat and does it's best to keep him out of the game. I haven't seen a cpu defense consistently devote 2 guys to cover Gonzo in a pro football sim until now. That seriously impressed me.
I see your point K,however in the "other game" I was on fire hittin' M Booker down field, and he had somethin' like 8 catches for 120 yds at the half...and in the 2nd half the cpu adjusted and literally shut Booker down by double & triple teamin' 'im! I had 2 catches in the 2nd half! so...ESPN adjusts ALSO!!

Madden is tight tho
Old 08-13-2004, 12:20 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
bk, what you fail to realize is that in San Diego realism and pessimism are one and the same.
No I realized it a long time ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 12:21 PM   #62
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jujuhound
Having watched Jason Witten closely all through college, I can tell you he is an absolute stud. I would not be surprised at all if he did have a breakout year. In the bowl game his senior year, he outran the entire Michigan secondary on his way to a long touchdown. No one really came close to catching him. Great hands as well. The only really good TE the Vols have had in a long time.

Edit: By the way, I'm a huge Eagles fan, so I hate the Cowboys.
Agreed...Now they gotta find someone to get the rock to 'im!

Last edited by Motown; 08-13-2004 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:23 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
exactly, he and P2K love taking shots at the Boys and their fans. I know having hope is not something associated with the Chargers. Ok, i'm done.
NO I just love recapping the threads on how great guys like Derek Ross,Troy Hambrick (before last year), Peppi Zellner,Mario Edwards or my personal favorite, Bryant Westbrook are. Always good humor.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:23 PM   #64
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

To get back on topic..

Another thing i noticed about player personnel is the effect injuries can have on a cpu team. In my franchise the eagles have been hit with tons of injuries. They lost McNabb for the season, Lito Sheppard for his career, their other starting CB for the season and a few other starters on defense as well.

This has led to them posting a 1-9 record so far, with Koy Detmer at the helm. When i played them it seemed like i was playing a far inferior team and crushed them. I was able to pass against their backup CB's with ease where i struggled against other teams. I also shut down their passing game which i had struggled to do against other teams.

This mirrors the NFL fairly accurately as far as showing the struggles of teams who are hit by a few key injuries.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »