Home

Madden 2006 & 2007 Prediction

This is a discussion on Madden 2006 & 2007 Prediction within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2004, 11:08 PM   #9
Go Wings!

OVR: 41
Re: Madden 2006 & 2007 Prediction

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan0386
actually it makes total sense for madden to come with something completely out the box in 2005 for "2006"

15 yrs of greatness...goodness for me...capped off by making defense 50/50...and this engine is 6 yrs old...gimme a break, ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE

and face it, there is nothing to improve anymore...if they come with the same thing next yr...with some marketing gimmick, you know they only care about the bottom line...what they gonna do, put dante hall on the cover and say 30 percent more tds on punt returns...

madden 2006 will be revolutionary...new graphic and gameplay engine...or...the fanboys and realists will meet for one last battle...
they wouldn't totally revamp the game and graphics engines for the current consoles right before the new ones come out...it's just a total waste of development money and personnel. If anything they'd put those people to working on the next gen version, which I bet they're all ready starting to work on now. EA only re-vamps engines when they can get a couple more years out of it(see MVP)...
Old 08-13-2004, 11:08 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester206
the only negative thing about starting over is that theres gonna be a lot of totally new glitches if they redo the gameplay. The gameplay they have now is great and has close to no major glitches at all because theyve been able to work it out for years now. Im not sure if revamping the whole gameplay engine would be a good idea anyway because then the gameplay would have tons of glitches to work out.
Yes, but the "take no risks" complacent attitude would be the kiss of death -- or at least one of the few viable ways for them to lose a large portion of market share to ESPN, which even if you don't like it, at least you must admit that Visual Concepts, Sega, and Take Two (a brilliant company that's incredibly creative & competitive) always look to take incredible risks with the features, gameplay, and marketing of their game each year. But then they have to in order to take market share from the goliath that is Madden.

Hopefully, the fact that ESPN has already sold 5 times more copies in the first 3 weeks than they did all of last year (1 million + vs. 200,000 last year), which means that it will start getting noticed, will help EA decide that maybe they should use their incredible resources to shake up the series (at the very least graphically).
Old 08-13-2004, 11:14 PM   #11
Rookie

Inspired's Arena

OVR: 1

I know the guy was probably full of sh*t, but at my locat EB the clerk said this was Madden's final year...hence the collector's edition. He said next year's EA football game would be called something different. Now don't quote ME on this, because I'm not saying it, just passing on what my local EB clerk told me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 11:16 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 18

as long as street isnt turned into the main game...wait a minute...OH GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-13-2004, 11:20 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

i don't know about you but i am already playing a game that combines unreal graphics, presentation, and great gameplay.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:42 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 18

catwoman?
Old 08-13-2004, 11:49 PM   #15
Rookie

it takes HUGE amounts of money to make a new graphics engine and as it stands now even without graphics changes they spend 14+ months (yes they starting making next years before this years is out) to make a new game. considering the amount of money they would spend to update the engine for ONE YEAR of dying consoles (PS2/Xbox/Gamecube) it would be a total waste since they are the clear market leaders, even if ESPN sells well it won't be close this year or sadly next. the next change for another company to get the jump on Madden is if their product for the NEXT series of consoles is clearly superior to Madden's offering.

the money and time are going to be devoted to 2007 which will be the debut of Madden on the new consoles and feature graphics that make the current generation look like Pong. sadly if you look at prior console changes it often takes an extra year for the final tuned gameplay of a previous generation to make the jump so i bet 2008 will be the first "great" Madden for the next generation consoles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2004, 11:55 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired
I know the guy was probably full of sh*t, but at my locat EB the clerk said this was Madden's final year...hence the collector's edition. He said next year's EA football game would be called something different. Now don't quote ME on this, because I'm not saying it, just passing on what my local EB clerk told me.
only a rumor. madden is now out of contract and needs to be resigned to have his name on the game, i think it is likely EA will offer him whatever he wants to keep his name on the game.

if for some reason they don't sign him then you can be sure EA will still have the game, but it will be called EA Football or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »