Home

How are the Niners rated so bad?

This is a discussion on How are the Niners rated so bad? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
How are the Niners rated so bad?

Their defense isn't even an 80. They probably have a top 5 front 7. Ahmed Plummer would be better than all but, Woodson, Bailey and McAllister if he just played consistantly, he is the Dr. Jeckel and Mr. Hyde of proffesional football. Tony Parrish is underrated, he is better than Sammy Knight and Correy Chavous, but Ed Reed is definetly better than, him, Rodney Harrison too in my oppinion, but he definetly should have made the Pro Bowl last year. Along with Andre Carter. I really can't think of many ends, he is as underrated as Peppers is overrated, Freeney and Kearse maybe, Seymour, Strahan and Taylor are definetly better though. Then there is Julian Peterson, probably the best OLB in the league, you could argue Arrington, but Peterson is the most versatile LB maybe ever and no LB has ever had as great cover skills. Gonzo's two worst games in his career by far were against Peterson, not even catching any passes one game. He is the Champ Bailey of LBs and sticks with his assignment unlike Arrington.

Even if you look at the player ratings in the game it looks like the defense is an 85, why does everyone think the Niners are so bad? Their offensive line is poor, Rashaun Woods was the biggest steal of the draft they traded up twice and got the player they would have picked 14th. Lloyd is a question mark, but everyone has been blown away by him at training camp. Rattay has a career QB rating at about 100, he won 2 of 3 starts last year, only loosing to the Packers at Lambau, but who could blame him? He is injured now, but should be back by the beggining of the season. Kevan Barlow had 1,000 yards as a back-up for the majority of the season, he is easily capable of 1,500 if he starts all the games this year and plays like he did last year.

How do they rate their defense so high yet give them such a low score overall though?

Parrish (94?)
Peterson(97)
Carter(92)
Young(91)
Plummer(89)
Smith(88)
Ulbrich(86?)
Winborn(87?)
Rumph(80)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #2
MVP

Kodiak33's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: How are the Niners rated so bad?

I don't know why they are rated bad. I can't play with them on ESPN or Madden because its not fun! I just get lit up. It also might be because I don't practice very much for either game...
Old 08-14-2004, 06:56 PM   #3
MVP

sooner1's Arena

OVR: 10

Yeah bro I agree. Their ratings overall dont compare to how good they really are. I played a guy online last night. He was 5-0 and used the Rams. I beat him 33-16!! But he did burn me deep more than most teams I use. Overall I was pleased how they played.
Old 08-14-2004, 07:13 PM   #4
JVG
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm a 9er fan as well & can't see why their ratings are so damn low. EA should raise their ratings soon.

NBA: Los Angeles Clippers

NFL: San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks
Old 08-14-2004, 07:22 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 11

Salisbury on NFL Live said they would win 3 games if they are lucky. Why do people think they are so damn bad, I don't think they will make it to the playoffs, but their defense is above average at every position except FS and back-up corners.

Their offense has everything to prove, but they got 2 with alot of potential, a QB with a carreer 100 QB rating who was solid last year, they got rid of whining complaining TO who had a horrible season. Barlow is now the feature back, if he plays anything like last year he will have 1,500 yards. How are they a 3 win team. Maybe a 6 win team until they get better coaches. After all they lost like 3 games last year because of missed FGs and extra points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2004, 07:25 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVG
I'm a 9er fan as well & can't see why their ratings are so damn low. EA should raise their ratings soon.
Yet you have a Seahawks avatar?
Old 08-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #7
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Preety sure there are more to the team ratings than just the overall ratings of the players...

As for the 49ers,i believe they are just delaying the inevitable by not starting Dorsey...

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-14-2004, 07:27 PM   #8
JVG
Rookie

OVR: 3

I wouldn't worry about what other people would say. We should feel confident about our team & only time will tell.

NBA: Los Angeles Clippers

NFL: San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »