Home

anyone else agree w/ this::::

This is a discussion on anyone else agree w/ this:::: within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2004, 01:39 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 4
anyone else agree w/ this::::

Dont get me wrong the day madden came out i was first in line..and i really like the game..but anobservation that i noticed

1)-compared to last year...it seems like i have a touch LESS control of my players. Ie: when i press button to juke...he usually doesnt juke in time b/f he gets tackled.....players a bit more sluggish.

2) dbs are so dumb (playing online). they just stand there in zone as ball flys to their left 5 feet away to a reciever who makes ez catch.

3) i play a buddy who is REAL good....and he passes on me aT WILL. last year if it was 3rd and 15 i would put in a quarters zone..and man..id pick off ball or get incomplete pass often....THIS year if i put in quarters zone...he throws into my secondary (and i play as seahawks and ravens) and gets the catch for 20yrds. i find that i gotta play man to man/bump and run ALWAYS. VERY frustating for me (maybe im doing somehting wrong- just cannot play zone d vs this guy)

4) i STILL notice the ole madden issue where (on offense) u see ure reciever wide open..and your qb guns it in...where ure recievers route is (right into coverage)...Is there a way to direct your pass using stick/dpad (my buddy swears by it..but i dont see difference)...also is there route based passing?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2004, 01:44 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: anyone else agree w/ this::::

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffruby
Dont get me wrong the day madden came out i was first in line..and i really like the game..but anobservation that i noticed

1)-compared to last year...it seems like i have a touch LESS control of my players. Ie: when i press button to juke...he usually doesnt juke in time b/f he gets tackled.....players a bit more sluggish.

2) dbs are so dumb (playing online). they just stand there in zone as ball flys to their left 5 feet away to a reciever who makes ez catch.

3) i play a buddy who is REAL good....and he passes on me aT WILL. last year if it was 3rd and 15 i would put in a quarters zone..and man..id pick off ball or get incomplete pass often....THIS year if i put in quarters zone...he throws into my secondary (and i play as seahawks and ravens) and gets the catch for 20yrds. i find that i gotta play man to man/bump and run ALWAYS. VERY frustating for me (maybe im doing somehting wrong- just cannot play zone d vs this guy)

4) i STILL notice the ole madden issue where (on offense) u see ure reciever wide open..and your qb guns it in...where ure recievers route is (right into coverage)...Is there a way to direct your pass using stick/dpad (my buddy swears by it..but i dont see difference)...also is there route based passing?
EA brought back the momentum this year...that's why it feels more sluggish. I personally like the feel of last year's Madden, but it did make the game too offensive. Some say the sluggish feel is more realistic...
Old 08-15-2004, 01:53 AM   #3
Rookie

JBalfour4's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueballs
EA brought back the momentum this year...that's why it feels more sluggish. I personally like the feel of last year's Madden, but it did make the game too offensive. Some say the sluggish feel is more realistic...
Yeah cause the HB have to switch hands to stiff arm while holdin the ball in real life, the game is perfect to my eyes.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:00 AM   #4
Rookie

There's two things I dislike about this year's running game...Brian Westbrook does feel sluggish, in real-life this guy can cut on a dime...and Power Backs having taken a backseat to scat backs. In real life, would you rather have a Stephen Davis or Brian Westbrook? How about in Madden 05? Speed backs are way more deadly in this game.
Old 08-15-2004, 02:32 AM   #5
Rookie

yes there definitely a sluggish feeling.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »