Home

LONG camera angle

This is a discussion on LONG camera angle within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2004, 02:39 AM   #1
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
LONG camera angle

Ever since I switched to the LONG camera angle, I can finally play offense on AM difficulty. In fact, it's much easier to read the defense and decide what to do. Just had my best play thus far with 2k5. Saw Faulk with a LB on a pass play up the middle, hit him in stride and scampered 87 yards for a TD. Also, I don't see any speed cheats, Faulk easily outran the defense after catching the ball.

Defense has also been easier for me to see what's going on with this camera. It does make the players look really small, but I can now see the whole field and matching up against the opposing teams best WR is now possible.

AM just seems so gratifying when I have a play like the one with Faulk.

Todd
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2004, 10:39 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: LONG camera angle

I find that too although I think the rush camera is a little too far away. One trick I saw was that if you used the user defined camera and select long as both the rush and pass cam, it is zoomed in a little bit more at the start of the play.

Also, I just edited the run cam a little further. I like the tilt and didn't change that but simply lowered the camera a bit to see the rushing lanes better but still get a better view of the field. Most people probably don't like playing so far away because you can't appreciate the graphics but I definately agree about it being easier to see the field both for the run & pass. I used to use blimp mode on Madden 98 & 99 on the PS1.
Old 08-14-2004, 10:41 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 9

My only gripe is if you use the long camera or user defined camera it doesn't zoom out when the cpu is on offense.
Old 08-15-2004, 01:52 PM   #4
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I find that too although I think the rush camera is a little too far away. One trick I saw was that if you used the user defined camera and select long as both the rush and pass cam, it is zoomed in a little bit more at the start of the play.

Also, I just edited the run cam a little further. I like the tilt and didn't change that but simply lowered the camera a bit to see the rushing lanes better but still get a better view of the field. Most people probably don't like playing so far away because you can't appreciate the graphics but I definately agree about it being easier to see the field both for the run & pass. I used to use blimp mode on Madden 98 & 99 on the PS1.
Thanks, I'll have to try that.

Todd

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »