Home

Worst Franchise Moment?

This is a discussion on Worst Franchise Moment? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2004, 12:03 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Worst Franchise Moment?

Tell me if you all can top this. I exported the Chargers for my created squad
the LA Super (the Chargers just moved to LA, Laker colors and all). Well after two preseason games simulated I go to take a look at the happenings in the league, no big surprises. But then, just as I was about to simulate the rest of the preseason I decided to take a look at my injury report. WTF is this?! LT...OUT....FOREVER?????

L.Tomlinson Broken Vertebrae Career ending

I wanted to vomit. All the decent RBs in FA had already been picked up so I had to move Lasitter and Lorenzo Neal for Deshaun Foster, Brad Hoover and a 5th round pick. I freed up some cap space but damn I sure took a hit. Anybody get hit this hard?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 12:17 AM   #2
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Worst Franchise Moment?

In an older Madden for PS1 my first regular season game Emmitt Smith got hurt and I checked later and he was out for the season. I went on playing the season and at the end of it, he retired from the injury. If it had let me know right away he was done for good I would have started the Franchise over, but I invested all that time in the season assuming he'd be back the next year. I couldn't quit after finishing a whole season!

Your situation is pretty bad, I haven't had anything like that happen to me since the situation I just described. You're a dedicated player if you keep going(especially if it happened in your first season).
Old 08-16-2004, 12:25 AM   #3
Rookie

Yea...I gotta keep going. I was pretty pissed though. To top that off Brees was named the starter for position battles. But hey, I did get Deshaun Foster a UCLA grad. Word has it he is happy to be back on the west coast
Old 08-16-2004, 03:11 AM   #4
BARRY! BARRY! BARRY!

Tha Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruff11
Yea...I gotta keep going. I was pretty pissed though. To top that off Brees was named the starter for position battles. But hey, I did get Deshaun Foster a UCLA grad. Word has it he is happy to be back on the west coast
just because he won the position battle doesnt mean you have to start him...from what i take you want to start Rivers.
Old 08-16-2004, 03:51 AM   #5
Rookie

Don't care either way, just dont like the fact that I have a first rounder on the bench. Brees is doing well though
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »