Home

Nice Madden VS. ESPN comparison at Gamespot

This is a discussion on Nice Madden VS. ESPN comparison at Gamespot within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2004, 11:39 AM   #33
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Nice Madden VS. ESPN comparison at Gamespot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmeister
No, that's your opinion. And lets get this straight, Madden's running game is not even close to ESPN's. ESPN's running game is more fun, immersive, and just feels right. Madden still feels like I'm controlling a pinball.
Hmmm, I found myself just shoulder charging people in ESPN, not sure how realistic that is. I use all the madden moves though.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:45 AM   #34
Pro

quietcool72's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugblast
Fatter playbooks?
No, have to disagree.
Really?
That is easily solved. Count the plays for one team on ESPN 2K5, then count them on Madden 2005 for that same team. Let me know. Offense and Defense.

Assuming you own both.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:50 AM   #35
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
Hmmm, I found myself just shoulder charging people in ESPN, not sure how realistic that is. I use all the madden moves though.

Ive noticed that half of the jukes don't work that well at all in Madden this year, the spin is just terrible this year and don;'t and the juke...What juke the sec you try the D is tackling you.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 11:50 AM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugblast
What? I honestly don't get how anyone can say running is better, it's absolutely dreadful. I wish it weren't, but it is what it is.

If you think the running is dreadful in madden then i'd say you don't understand the complexities of running a ball in a football game. in madden patience is a virtue. you need to watch the play develop, see where your holes open up (and if they open up) and then hit said hole with LIGHTNING speed if you have any chance for positive yardage. many times the defense will motion over to a particular side and really drop you for a loss if you don't do anything to counter it. ESPN is MUCH easier to run and is simply not as realisitic. just send your back into the pile up the middle and you have a great chance at a big gain. Fun? unquesionably. Realistic or superior? no freaking way. I think the running engine in madden is brilliant
Old 08-16-2004, 11:57 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain
If you think the running is dreadful in madden then i'd say you don't understand the complexities of running a ball in a football game. in madden patience is a virtue. you need to watch the play develop, see where your holes open up (and if they open up) and then hit said hole with LIGHTNING speed if you have any chance for positive yardage. many times the defense will motion over to a particular side and really drop you for a loss if you don't do anything to counter it. ESPN is MUCH easier to run and is simply not as realisitic. just send your back into the pile up the middle and you have a great chance at a big gain. Fun? unquesionably. Realistic or superior? no freaking way. I think the running engine in madden is brilliant
I was a running back for 3 years in high school, and never once did I look like Mario, and pinball around. Sorry.
Old 08-16-2004, 11:58 AM   #38
Banned

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietcool72
Really?
That is easily solved. Count the plays for one team on ESPN 2K5, then count them on Madden 2005 for that same team. Let me know. Offense and Defense.

Assuming you own both.
I see many more plays with ESPN, sorry.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:00 PM   #39
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by talbain
Exactly. I dont know many running backs that just hit the pile and skeet through all day long. It happends like mayge 3-5 times a season between all the teams. 90% of running plays in the NFL are 3-6 yrds. I posted this earlier that Hall of Fame Backs avg approx 4 yrs per carry. What makes people think getting those results with Travis Henry per se is realistic with only like 15 carries!!!! A good day is like 25 carries for 90 yds. Then there are a few backs that get like 100+ ytds, but not all season long.
Old 08-16-2004, 12:05 PM   #40
Banned

OVR: 1

You must be kidding. Obviously you haven't played 2K5

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »