Home

The Injury Problem: Possibly a Solution

This is a discussion on The Injury Problem: Possibly a Solution within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which fits you best?
I get at least one injury every other game where the player is out more than just that game, AND I turn my system off between games. 5 5.00%
I get at least one injury every other game where the player is out more than just that game, AND I DO NOT turn my system off between games. 14 14.00%
I DO NOT get at least one injury every other game where the player is out more than just that game, AND I turn my system off between games. 33 33.00%
I DO NOT get at least one injury every other game where the player is out more than just that game, AND I DO NOT turn my system off between games. 48 48.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2004, 10:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
The Injury Problem: Possibly a Solution

I have an idea for why some of us don't see enough injuries in franchise mode. Please answer the following poll. There are two questions, be sure to answer them both:

(1) Do you get enough injuries? And by "enough", I mean at least one injury every other played game in which the player is out for more than just that game.

(2) Do you turn off your system (PS2, XBOX, PC) in between games?

IMPORTANT! IF YOU SOMETIMES TURN YOUR SYSTEM OFF, BUT SOMETIMES LEAVE IT ON, PLEASE DO NOT ANSWER!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 01:03 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: The Injury Problem: Possibly a Solution

I sometimes turn it off, sometimes leave it on, and notice no difference. I'm lucky to get one injury per game.

But I think there are also way to many long injuries around the league. So many superstars are lost for the season in my franchise. They need to make some of those nagging injuries.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

I see plenty injuries I lost my star cornerback for 8 weeks its fine just the way it is.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:08 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

i just finished playing my 5th reg season game. So 5 reg season and the preseason I have only seen one of my players get hurt(back in preseason) and it was like for 3 plays. =/
Old 08-17-2004, 04:50 PM   #5
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I think there's a lot of injuuries and to stars...more than the norm - Portis, Arrington, Harrison, Warner are all hurt....

On Minnesota, nothing yet, but then I've only played 3 games...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 05:15 PM   #6
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

I get alot of minor, play or game injuries when playing.

I agree that too many CPU MAJOR injuries happen. I just played Seattle and Alexander was out with something for 2 more weeks, that was the 3rd team I've played who was missing their starting HB. Every week I look at the national paper there are 2 or 3 more stars out for the season. I like injuries to happen to big players, but they need to even it out by making guys you play as get hurt and making other players around the league get hurt a little less.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:30 PM   #7
Rookie

PrynceKee's Arena

OVR: 4

There are way too many injuries IMO. Yesterday while playing a friend there were 5 injuries. I was playing as the cowboys and had 3 injuries and he had the Texans and had 2 and both starting QB's were hurt. I haven't started a franchise yet so I don't know if this is just an exhibition problem or what...
Old 08-17-2004, 06:19 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

i almost never get major injuries to my own team if i play the games. but simulating yes i think there's too many injuries to all the teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »