Home

What have you guys done before the season starts for your Franchise?

This is a discussion on What have you guys done before the season starts for your Franchise? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2004, 05:29 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: What have you guys done before the season starts for your Franchise?

In my Panthers franchise, I was playing the preseason and noticed the playbook has a lot of good passing plays for a TE, but the Panthers dont have a good one, so I traded Jessie Armstead,who was never gonna play behind Will Witherspoon, to the Colts for Dallas Clark and 5th and 7th round picks. Then I dealt the Panthers starting TE Kris Mangum to the Bills, so he could get out of the way for Dallas Clark for a 6th round pick, Mangum was only a 70 overall so 6th round was the best I could do. Anyways, Dallas Clark has done well as he is know the starter, he has caught around 40 passes for me through the first 10 games, and is money in the redzone. I also signed Stephen Davis to a 3 year extension but it seems like he has lost a step or something, Foster is a much more explosive back, so after the season, I plan on trading Davis to move up in the draft or to get a good player that I need on the O-line, which is OK at best, or the secondary, which is not good at all. Deshaun Foster is the future of the team anyways.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:46 PM   #10
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I did a fantasy draft with the Steelers, but here's what I did afterward so far:

Picked up Sam Gash to block for Alstott

Traded Rudi Johnson and 2nd rounder for Warrick Dunn, 3rd rounder, and 6th rounder. He fit my style much better.

Traded Aveion Cason for depth at DT and a fast 5th corner.

Picked up Ran Carthon for depth at RB.

Last edited by bgeno; 08-18-2004 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-18-2004, 09:08 PM   #11
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom_2K
Has anyone made any trades and/or re-signing soon to be free agents after the season ends?

For myself in my Colts Franchise I have re-signed BOTH Edge and Harrison. Edge is locked up for 6 and Harrison for 7.

The reason why Edge is only locked up for 6 is because if he's start slipping or is slacking off, I'm trading him in the 3rd or 4th year.
I started a 49er Franchise. The first thing I did was trade Tim Rattay and Terry Jackson along with a third round Draft Pick to St. Louis for Steven Jackson and a 4th and 5th round pick.

I am not a Rattay fan and I AM a Steven Jackson fan. Just couldn't see him wasted on my heated Rival St. Louis....

Then I went into Free Agency and signed Quincy Carter for 3 years.

It's been nice having two decent running backs and a good QB. Also Brandon Lloyd has been catching just about anything thrown his way. He is not going to outrun anyone in the open field but he sure can catch.

Been a blast thus far.

Nascar: #88 Junior
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 12:17 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ochoco
I started a 49er Franchise. The first thing I did was trade Tim Rattay and Terry Jackson along with a third round Draft Pick to St. Louis for Steven Jackson and a 4th and 5th round pick.

I am not a Rattay fan and I AM a Steven Jackson fan. Just couldn't see him wasted on my heated Rival St. Louis....

Then I went into Free Agency and signed Quincy Carter for 3 years.

It's been nice having two decent running backs and a good QB. Also Brandon Lloyd has been catching just about anything thrown his way. He is not going to outrun anyone in the open field but he sure can catch.

Been a blast thus far.

Same here, but I traded my backup mlb for hb Bell who was 4th on the Broncos DC.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:36 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

Didn't do to much for the Packers, just signed Ron Dixon from the FA for a fast 4th WR, and it he has been pretty helpful so far.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:26 AM   #14
MVP

Perceptor's Arena

OVR: 18

I used the Vikings - re-signed Bennett to a 7 year contract extension because his speed game suits my style and I traded Moe Williams to the Lions for their first round pick in the steal of the year for me

I do have some key free agents and some cap room, so I'm debating who I should re-sign and release so I can add more talent in the draft this summer...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »