Home

Returns for TD..

This is a discussion on Returns for TD.. within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 08-18-2004, 12:51 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Returns for TD..

I had a 103 yard kick return for a TD with Azumah called back on a hold. Heh, at about the 40, just as I broke into the clear down the left sideline, Al Michaels said "Looks like there's a flag". Of course there is.

As far as punts go, no dice. Best I have done is about 11 yards because of the horrible blocking. Anymore I just call for the fair catch and get my guy out of there so he doesn't fumble.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:25 PM   #10
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

ive had 1 punt return......never a kickoff
Old 08-18-2004, 04:53 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've returned 2 kickoffs for a TD with Terrance Newman of the Cowboys (had to change the depth chart...) and 1 punt for a TD with Avieon Cason (depth chart change again...)

You really have to follow you blocks and look for an opening and go for it cause the window will close QUICKLY.

The Prince of the 910 has taken his throne...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 05:09 PM   #12
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Have you returned a Kickoff, or punt return for a TD against the CPU yet?

Have you seen the CPU do it against you?

Using Jerry Azumah I've had a couple of kick returns get to the 50, but that's the best I could do. The CPU has had even a harder time. Just wondering if others have seen it yet. Thanks.
I returned a kickoff for a touchdown last night with Jimmy Williams of the Niners. I was playing Atlanta.

Crap thing was my next game, which was against the Saints I believe, my same returned fumbled returns three times and each one was returned by the Saints for a touchdown. Oh well, give and take...lol

Nascar: #88 Junior
Old 08-18-2004, 06:17 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by invurzion
and 1 punt for a TD with Avieon Cason

You really have to follow you blocks and look for an opening and go for it cause the window will close QUICKLY.
Ok...how? I have 5 guys on me before the ball is within 10 yards of me. I have tried every different type of return scheme and get the same result. That's the thing with the blocking in this game: the blockers hit their men and move on to the next level. No tying someone up, its either pancake or bust.

I am having better luck on kicks now. My guys managed to hold a block long enough for me to get past the first wave and one spin later I was gone for 98 yards.

Of course, the cpu blocks my guys just fine when I kickoff. Anyone else notice this? The cpu very rarely starts a drive inside its 30.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:30 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

One kickoff online. Another time against the computer I got down to their 5 yard line, but was hit from behind and fumbled. Haven't taken a punt back, but the computer took one back on me. It was rediculous. The punt had over 5 seconds of hang time, was at their 15, and my guys could not shed a block. There were no missed tackles, no bad angles taken, he just caught the ball, and ran straight up the middle without anyone getting close to him.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:21 AM   #15
Rookie

My longest punt return is about 20 yards and kick return about 50 yards.

My returner is rated 91 at that posistion, but can't get it done, though his average is nice so I keep him there.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »