Home

Running too easy with fast QB ????

This is a discussion on Running too easy with fast QB ???? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2004, 02:34 PM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44
Running too easy with fast QB ????

Does anyone find running with a fast QB to be too easy. I probably need to bump up to All Madden, but right now I have a hard time running with my RB's, it just is too easy to roll out and take off with Vick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 02:35 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Running too easy with fast QB ????

Then dont
Old 08-17-2004, 02:40 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71
Does anyone find running with a fast QB to be too easy. I probably need to bump up to All Madden, but right now I have a hard time running with my RB's, it just is too easy to roll out and take off with Vick.
I find that against certain teams that is easy to run against them with Vick especially if a pass play breaks down. Now what you have to ask yourself is it realistic or not. I'd have to say that right now that's pretty realistic, just ask Carolina, Minnesota, or Green Bay Dunn did manage to have a 100 yard game for me against the Cardinals. Patience and practice is key to the running game.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heelfan71

Its easy for Vick to run in real life. I normally control the middle linebacker when I play. If the QB takes off, I nail him. I am 5-2 and I have put out at least 3 qbs for various amounts of time. Ever heard the phrase, 'stay at home'? If a QB has jets, keep a guy on him at all times.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:04 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

Heelfan71's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhsballa11
Then dont
Thanks for the info.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2004, 03:13 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 18

Well, it depends how the defense is placed really, I was doing some running with Quincy Carter when I signed him, and had about 277 yards on 25 attempts then on one rush Carter got hit, and was done for the season , really sometimes its easy because the defense arent placed well and Vick can outrun most of them, even in real life, but if you have an OLB thats pretty quick, watchout, cause he could take vick out with an injury,
Old 08-17-2004, 03:25 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by headrulz101
Well, it depends how the defense is placed really, I was doing some running with Quincy Carter when I signed him, and had about 277 yards on 25 attempts then on one rush Carter got hit, and was done for the season , really sometimes its easy because the defense arent placed well and Vick can outrun most of them, even in real life, but if you have an OLB thats pretty quick, watchout, cause he could take vick out with an injury,

I agree, thats what i was saying earlier. Being able to nail the QB like that will neage the cheating.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:03 PM   #8
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

If it's anything like last year, it probably is too easy. Last year, the Bears had Kordell Stewart, and I had him as the league's leading rusher on All-Pro. It was pathetically easy to roll out with him. I haven't encountered that problem this year, but that's probably because I now have Rex Grossman and Jonathan Quinn, neither of whom could outrun a fart in a toolshed. Or whatever that means.

You'll probably get advice to monkey with sliders or change difficulty levels, but my advice to you is, if you're happy with the other aspects of the game except your QB issue, you'd probably be better off to just trade Vick for another talented, but less mobile, quarterback. You'd likely be able to get almost anyone you wanted for him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »