Home

Old 08-18-2004, 09:02 AM   #1
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
The Draft?

Has anybody just simmed to see what the draft is like, I heard its pretty cool this year, I also heard they say the names of the players being picked.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 09:02 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: The Draft?

i simmed so i could see what it was like but i heard no names being called
Old 08-18-2004, 09:47 AM   #3
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTWilliams2
i simmed so i could see what it was like but i heard no names being called

thats what I read they do.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 08-18-2004, 09:47 AM   #4
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

The draft is greatly improved. You don't hear names called, they do however have a ticker that will flash and display the current pick much like ESPN's TV coverage.

As each team is on the clock you can also view their needs and top 5 draft board. This will give you a general idea of when a guy you want will be taken so you'll know when you need to trade up.

Unfortunately you can't view this for all the teams, only the one currently on the clock. This is something that could be added next year, and maybe even a mock draft.
Old 08-18-2004, 01:30 PM   #5
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Unfortunately you can't view this for all the teams, only the one currently on the clock. This is something that could be added next year, and maybe even a mock draft.
There's been mock drafts in games before, it might have been ESPN. That would be a nice touch so you can get an idea of where a guy you want might be taken, so you could trade up to get him if it looks like he won't fall to you. It would be cool to get multiple mock drafts because no one is ever completely right, so get some different predictions so you actually have to put some thought into it, that would be a lot of fun IMO.

This year's draft is improved, but they still haven't changed scouting. Scouting needs a complete overhaul IMO. There needs to be at least 2 or 3 times as many possible draftee's. No team in the NFL only scouts 45 times for the draft. These teams have detailed info on just about every player in the draft. They should let us choose the depth which we want to scout a guy(a point system) and give us al ot more points and players to choose from. Say if you spent the max points every week for a guy, you would get to take him into the Training Camp drill that most relates to him. If you're scouting a RB really heavyily, let us take him into the Ground Attack Drill and see what he's made of. Let us test a QBs strength and accuracy first hand with the ring drill. The scouting is way to simple as it is, it should be really involved because it's one of the most important things a team does in the offseason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 05:40 PM   #6
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Very good points about scouting. As for the draft this year it is much better. The CPU will even trade during the draft. Last night the Colts and Eagles(both CPU) traded picks which was nice to see. I was also able to trade down from 27 to 31 while picking up 3 guys, that were required for their respective positions, and still got the guy I wanted. Thanks to the teams draft boards and knowing what each team needed made it easy. There was also never a run on skill players and we had Qb's and wr's still around after the draft. Much improved over last year but still has room for some much needed improvement.

Which leads me to this, Madden should bring all the players who left school or graduated from NCAA making for much larger draft pools. Or they should combine the imported draft class with a generated class of players from lower level schools since NCAA cant have D-1aa players in the imported classes yet(unless you play as a D1-AA) Just think finding a 6th round diamond from a James Madison or Youngstown St would be nice. Other than that, not much I would change except for adding a couple of mock drafts to help asses where your targest could go without having to look through all teams pages to see what they are after and who they need.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »