Home

Throwing a deep pass

This is a discussion on Throwing a deep pass within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-18-2004, 12:48 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Unhappy Throwing a deep pass

Can anyone throw a deep pass in Madden level, I am having a hard time doing that
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 03:39 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Throwing a deep pass

nope for w/e reason Brett Favre cant seem to lead the WR enough...or at all altho i did have a couple longer ones but most dont work
Old 08-18-2004, 03:41 PM   #3
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanmachine
nope for w/e reason Brett Favre cant seem to lead the WR enough...or at all altho i did have a couple longer ones but most dont work
Try what I said to do in his other thread; Help me
Old 08-18-2004, 06:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 7

This has already been said by someone before but kudos to them for finding this out. Madden still has the lead receiver option using either the d-pad or the analog stick...

When your man is going deep press the button for the reciever you want to throw to and then press up and left or up and right on the d-pad or left analog stick(depending on which side of the field you are throwing to). This will give the allow the reciever to jockey for position and catch the ball. It wont happen all the time but it will happen more often for you. Try this in practice mode and you will see results. You can also use the lead receiver option on outs and comebacks toward the sideline. Try it out and let me know.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:14 PM   #5
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

I threw two deep bombs with Michael Vick last night against my buddy. One was to Peerless Price, and the other was to Michael Jenkins. Both ended up as touchdowns, which was probably the two biggest plays I've had online with Madden.

All I did was push up while throwing to the reciever. It seems to be real sensitive most of the time, but last night it just seemed to work perfect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2004, 07:55 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 8

Another thing I noticed was if you practice taking a small step or two forward as you throw, it helps in leading the pass more toward getting the WR separation from the CB.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:40 PM   #7
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I can hit the deep flags by leading the reciever toward the sideline a nice bit, but I can't seem to hit fly routes.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:56 PM   #8
F**tb*ll F*n*t*c

Fetter21's Arena

OVR: 30

My problem early in the game has been that I was lobbing passes, in the last game I played I tried having Gannon fire it in there, and I was able to get a couple deep balls that way. I only tried it when I had single coverage though, I was scared that if I threw a bullet and a saftey was over there it would get picked.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »