Home

EA could come up with a better way...

This is a discussion on EA could come up with a better way... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-19-2004, 10:16 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: EA could come up with a better way...

Graphik, I have always appreciated your posts since I have been coming to this site for the past couple of years. However, I feel that recently you have developed a strong bias (whether it is justified or not, I do not know) against Madden and in just about every topic you slam it someway. If you don't like the game then why even come to these boards

Old 08-19-2004, 10:22 AM   #10
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
It is only one time, relax. If it happens again then okay, but it only happened once. There have been stranger things in the NFL.
I've Played ALOT of games so far and I haven't noticed any comeback logic or cpu cheating in the 3rd and 4th qtr when I've had the lead. If there is some comeback logic then it's been seriously and I mean SERIOUSLY toned down from previous editions of Madden.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:27 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Smells like typical EA BS to me. Thats why I cant play the game. I honestly think I'll enjoy Madden if the comeback logic was'nt in the game. But stuff like that happened to me too many times in the last 3 years of playing Madden.

I dont know if I'm the only one, but I can usually predict when it happens. No lie.
I prefer the CPU to have an advantage. It makes for a more exciting game. If it was easy to figure out, or easy to overcome than we would be complaining about that too.

Interestingly enough, I had a major comeback against the CPU AI the other day. I won on a hail marry to messy marvin with no time left. I had one second on the clock when the ball was hiked. I dont know how many times in 2004 and now 2005 I have had games where i was screaming at the TV or dancing b/c I let an opponent have it all day long. Thats the fun part.

I think your issues with the AI have been magnified b/c you lost.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-19-2004, 10:56 AM   #12
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossfan8480
Graphik, I have always appreciated your posts since I have been coming to this site for the past couple of years. However, I feel that recently you have developed a strong bias (whether it is justified or not, I do not know) against Madden and in just about every topic you slam it someway. If you don't like the game then why even come to these boards

I hate to admit but you're right. I love NBA Live, I'm a new fan of MVP but I despise Madden.

Its because the guys at Tiburon have made simply NO efford to make Madden a enjoyable game that it once was. Its been like that since the 2002 version IMO. Just look at the huge strides that the Live series has made and even the Triple Play conversion to MVP. The devs of those games put wayyyy more efford into they're games than the Madden devs.

My #1 gripe in Madden is the infamous comeback AI. I debated the hell out of the subject last year. Kanobi could tell ya I purchased Madden 2004 3 times last year because while I loved the game, it simply did'nt seem to like me. I can describe to you dozens of bogus occurances in my playtime with Madden. I can pop 2004 right now and tell you what is gonna happen based on the score alone. I mean fumbles, interceptions, scoring drives...you name it, I knew when it was coming. I even displayed this "talent" to my friends a few times. In those times, I felt as if the control was out of my hands and I just let it play out.

I've totally lost trust in all the EA titles. Even though I will still get Live and MVP and maybe NHL, Madden will no longer get my hard earned money. I had some of the worst experiences with that game for the last 3 years. Its not even worth the trouble anymore.

Only reason why I still browse this forum is because I still have feelings for Madden. I know what its capable of but whoever develops the game will not utilize its capabilities. I wont consider myself a S*** starter but I'm here to just add my 2 cent. I know some of you are sick of hearing it but I cant help it. Until "EA comes up with a better way"(such a true statement), then I cant help but thrash the game. Its not to convince myself to not like Madden, its to convince you all to not like Madden.

I dont know if any of you have ever seen those ppl out on the streets in your city tryna convince you to vote agaisnt Bush, well I'm on a similar mission. Only mines is to vote against Madden. Hopefully the Mods dont consider any of my post trolling because thats the last thing I wanna do. I just wanna speak my mind. And if you dont wanna listen, dont read my post. Or dont respond.

BTW, I've played the 2005 version and I've seen all I needed to see in that game. Just incase ppl want to hurt my credibility.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:59 AM   #13
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Oh yea, one other thing. Me thinks ESPN is adopting a lil bit of the "comeback fever" also. I'm starting to question some things that happen in that game also. But before I get way over my head, I just wanna get the facts straight.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »