Home

Hows Online..

This is a discussion on Hows Online.. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2004, 06:08 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Hows Online..

i don't like the limited pauses, in my first game i had to get up and take a leak, it was pretty long, then i had to get another beer, i didn't know you can only pause three times and for only thirty seconds each time

i got 2 delay of games for that, they should just go to 5 minutes total, like espn

headrulz, i would like to play you on live, how can we exchange tags? i don't want to put mine on the board and then have someone on my friends list see it (if they come here) and then say i was trolling for friends over here, but the fact is, i wanna play against decent and non-cheesing players, also, nobody on my friends list bought madden, they're sticking with espn, so i'm kind of lonely

rushing attack is very cool, but i can't figure out how to set up a game of it so i just pick it and get randomly thrown into a game, i hate that
Old 08-21-2004, 06:09 PM   #10
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

I love online play. Most fun I've ever had with a football game online.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:18 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

yeah i love playing games online now that the quarters got knocked down to 4 mins...much better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 08:22 PM   #12
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

nop problems except for the fact that because of the dirty Disc erros that i encounter my DNF is at 17%...Not bad considering i've played like 40+ online games(haven't touched franchise at all)

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 08-21-2004, 08:29 PM   #13
MVP

cch99's Arena

OVR: 9

I played last night and this morning for the first time. Got my but handed to me three times.

I have good and bad things to say.

Good:
1. Playing against a real person makes it a lot more difficult. But it is a lot of fun. It's really a chess game.

2. When you find the right players, i.e sim players, it is a whole lot of fun.

Bad:

1. If you get unlucky and get a non-sim player it sucks. I played a guy who was Atlanta last night. I am not good enough to know the strategies to stop the Vicksters who scramble out and run allover you. I started to figure it out a little bit but by then i was already down 21-0, then the power went out.

2. If you can't run against the CPU forget it against a real person.

Overall, it's a lot of fun. FInd some people who you can play regularly who play the way you play. By that I mean I don't mind if people want to play arcade football I just don't want to play them but the game is for everyone to enjoy, which is why it's nice to have the stats they have.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:09 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

i also like the 4 minute quarters.

i just wish i still had my headset. it would be nice to ask people if we could use worse teams so i could work on getting that trophy. even if i pick a team like the cardinals the other person still tries to be the eagles or someone else really good.
Old 08-22-2004, 12:17 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 18

cardinals own
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »