Home

Maybe some deep ball success?

This is a discussion on Maybe some deep ball success? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2004, 03:23 PM   #1
DH7
Rookie

OVR: 1
Maybe some deep ball success?

I have been struggling with it, but today i tried to really put the deep ball in there with some zip, and sure enough, I ended up hittin about 4 long ones, including some on streaks. I think the angle of the pass helped too, IE- I was in the pocket, and had a passing lane that allowed the WR to get into position to make a play and shield the defender. Anyone else had luck with really zipping the deep ball?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 03:29 PM   #2
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Maybe some deep ball success?

Oh yeah, my last two games online I've had success with the deep ball. I've thrown for over 300 yards each game with Michael Vick. A big jump from what I've been throwing.

Most of the time if I stay in the pocket, I had better success. But I did roll out, and hit Dez White with a bomb thrown down the sideline. He caught it, and took about 5 steps into the endzone.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:33 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

I'm really struggling with the deep ball. The only time I completed a deep pass was on a pump fake that the CB bit on and my WR was wide open deep down the field. I guess I need some more practice!!
Old 08-20-2004, 03:48 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 3

Here's a tip. Lobbing the ball isnt nearly as effective as drilling the ball when going deep and the WR has some steps on the DB. No, it aint realistic but that's the way it is in this years game.
Old 08-20-2004, 03:53 PM   #5
BARRY! BARRY! BARRY!

Tha Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 11

Well the EA group did state that they increased the D to stop players form going deep every play and getting bumped up score. You can def. go deep sometimes during the game. I've got a couple of deep balls completed but it's not as simple as dropping back and drilling one. To succeed you have to have the right coverage ex: Fast WR lines up against a LB then you can audible to a fly route and hit him no problem or set up a play action...gets the DB most of the time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 04:02 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 12

Try leading the receiver. I always do that and I have good success. When you pass, push towards the direction you want to lead the receiver in...this is very effective on all patterns.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:17 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Lobbing the ball works great for me, Against the Packers last night I had 2 fifty yard bombs to Moss, I definetly lobbed it. The secret I think is not to hold the ball to long. Drop back and if you see your guy in one on one coverage throw it deep, definetly need to lead the receiver.
Old 08-20-2004, 04:39 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitz
Try leading the receiver. I always do that and I have good success. When you pass, push towards the direction you want to lead the receiver in...this is very effective on all patterns.
yup, always lead them. I don't have trouble with ball placement when I have 1 on 1 situations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »