Home

EA takes HUGE cheap shot at ESPN

This is a discussion on EA takes HUGE cheap shot at ESPN within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-20-2004, 11:45 PM   #25
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: EA takes HUGE cheap shot at ESPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTennessee
holy crap 800,000 copies in 11 days isnt tooo shabby for that game. I do hope that ESPN catches up to Madden in units sold and surpasses them and make EA really really step up next year and put out an even better product!
Who said it was 800,000 units in 11 days?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 11:47 PM   #26
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPlaya
Who said it was 800,000 units in 11 days?
EA said it was close to it my bad. but still thats not too bad for ESPN.
Old 08-20-2004, 11:55 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 9

Ill say this, where I work, at a kitchen, there are 5 people that have all been with Madden since 92. I convinced all of them to purchase ESPN before proclaiming Madden to be king.

Since then, 4 of them actually still went and purchased Madden, and out of those 4, 3 of them returned it.

All of them had the same complaints: how does Madden not look as good, how come its the same game each year with updated rosters, and why is it that the same money plays work year in and year out.

point of the story is this: sales dont tell the whole story.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:17 AM   #28
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTim
Ill say this, where I work, at a kitchen, there are 5 people that have all been with Madden since 92. I convinced all of them to purchase ESPN before proclaiming Madden to be king.

Since then, 4 of them actually still went and purchased Madden, and out of those 4, 3 of them returned it.

All of them had the same complaints: how does Madden not look as good, how come its the same game each year with updated rosters, and why is it that the same money plays work year in and year out.

point of the story is this: sales dont tell the whole story.
Man I hate everytime I read this. I have 6 friends who converted from Madden, My EB has 35 copies of Madden on the shelf and ESPN is sold out...blah..blah..blah..blah..blah.

Sales numbers do tell the whole story. It is a fricking business. Both companies are out to make money and even if all 20 of your buddies went and got Madden and returned it, EA has sold it and made it's money.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:02 AM   #29
Rookie

MrTennessee's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSpezzano
Man I hate everytime I read this. I have 6 friends who converted from Madden, My EB has 35 copies of Madden on the shelf and ESPN is sold out...blah..blah..blah..blah..blah.

Sales numbers do tell the whole story. It is a fricking business. Both companies are out to make money and even if all 20 of your buddies went and got Madden and returned it, EA has sold it and made it's money.
True, i think that which game the person holds on to the longest is the real tale of the tape in my opinon.
Old 08-21-2004, 02:46 AM   #30
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Wow! Are there a bunch of 12 year olds running EA. All they had to do is say they broke their sales record and it would have been a nice little press release. Instead they bring up the competition, mention that they are selling more copies than ever before, and then throw in a little jab.

I don't think any non-fanboy would say either one of these games is terrible. Why would you disparage the other product to pump up yours? Especially when you are clearly the dominant force in the industry. I just think it makes EA look really petty. If your on top you should act like it. And if you feel your slipping you should improve your product, not put down the competition.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:19 AM   #31
BARRY! BARRY! BARRY!

Tha Dynasty's Arena

OVR: 11

why is everybody saying EA taking cheapshots at ESPN...you know for a fact that if it was reversed that ESPN would do the same thing to Madden. Look at ESPN's commercial...they featured a quote saying something like this game is better then the competition...so Madden's just saying "No No No...we sell more" there should be no reason people should say this is a cheap shop...it aint Bragging if its a fact
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 03:31 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 2

not to get too off topic but this happens all the time everywhere. Pepsi and Coca a Cola for example.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »