Home

Guys what do you think!!!

This is a discussion on Guys what do you think!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-16-2004, 03:35 PM   #1
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12
Red face Guys what do you think!!!

Look I have been a Espn Fan since the dreamcast and couldn't even look at madden...I still like espns play a little and I mean a little better...That's a compliment to Madden..I am really enjoying Madden...Now to topic...How would you guys/gals feel if Espn and Madden merged to make a 1 great game??? Think of all the possibilities..You could have This years madden Gameplay overall with Espn's line and run play with maddens running. Then have Espn's Presentation/graphics (for the most part) and sounds..Maddens weather effects..Maddens franchise mode, Espns Crib mode..Well you get the picture...Write down what you would like to see happen...Both games are great so why not combine the 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 03:38 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Guys what do you think!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIm
Look I have been a Espn Fan since the dreamcast and couldn't even look at madden...I still like espns play a little and I mean a little better...That's a compliment to Madden..I am really enjoying Madden...Now to topic...How would you guys/gals feel if Espn and Madden merged to make a 1 great game??? Think of all the possibilities..You could have This years madden Gameplay overall with Espn's line and run play with maddens running. Then have Espn's Presentation/graphics (for the most part) and sounds..Maddens weather effects..Maddens franchise mode, Espns Crib mode..Well you get the picture...Write down what you would like to see happen...Both games are great so why not combine the 2
You may never know what might happen. If Sega doesn't gain market share with their ESPN titles and turn a profit. Once the agreement with ESPN is up and Madden's agreement runs out with EA. EA could very well snatch up the ESPN license. It's not as far fetched as it sounds. They've already got the ESPN guys for NCAA anyways
Old 08-16-2004, 03:40 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 5

It would be the end of innovative games they would put that same sheeit ot every year because there would be no competition to make games better. But if they did combine though i would take all of madden's game play and add ESPN presentation and be done with it crib mode franchise mode first person view sucks and should be removed from the game
Old 08-16-2004, 03:41 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 18

why do people keep bringing this up...IT WOULD NEVER WORK

look at how each game is made...where would the two DEVS find their own balance, they'd spend the 9 months bitching about what each what in the game

very cooky idea fellas, dream on...
Old 08-16-2004, 03:43 PM   #5
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Why wouldn't it work and no it wouldn't be the end of competition...989 and Microsoft will be in it...There is no reason why it wouldn't...In fact it would work and stop a whole lot of nonsense on these boards....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2004, 03:51 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

It would be nice!! I think developers purposely make areas of each game the best and other games the best.

Right now
ESPN-presentation, overlays, player models, highlights, cheerleaders, running game, ANIMATIONS, gang tackling, commentary with sunday night crew, player interactions

Madden- gameplay AI, franchise, running animations
Old 08-16-2004, 03:57 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Just give VC EA's polish techniques, whatever they are, and give EA VC's willingness to improve or their work ethic and you have a winner.
Old 08-16-2004, 04:04 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 18

ok, back at e3 backbreaker or whoever was there said that an VC developer when asked to play madden, was like no

so if devs dont want to play other's games, why would they want to share ideas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »