Home

DAMN in confused!

This is a discussion on DAMN in confused! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-20-2004, 08:21 AM   #1
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
DAMN in confused!

Well here I go again, I still be playing Both Madden/ESPn like a God Damn Seasaw back and for, back and forth. NOw I do really love ESPN alot and I also love Madden alot. I was playing Madden last night until like 2am and I should have been sleeping, I get for work at 7am. As I was playing I just started to think to myself WOW Madden is really a great game of football, and I always say the same thing about ESPN every time I play it. I just really got all the Playmaker stuff down pat now and let me tell you Im loving Madden so much again, and the game are more fun to play. I love to blitz and I love when it works, I love to blitz both LB form each side and see the QB get squashed. I'm just really liking both games and Im torn between both at this point. They both are great and yes I know people will say just keep playing both, wich I indend to do, the really thing that bugs is I really want to pay more attion to just one of these great games, but it hard to cause they are both steller games. I just so damn confused. I don't have alot of time to play my games so that why I would like to pay more attion to just one, im a really big sim/franchise type of guy and I love Maddens franchise, I simmed a season just to see how everything looks, and man is Madden's franchise deep! I tell you just the off season in Madden will take alot of time, cause it's so damn deep. I really Coulnd't belive my eyes. There is a free agant list for coaches when the season is up that is longer then a 20 foot pole. ESPN franchise is subpar in my opinion,and that what kills it for me, and Madden's is like soap opera is so Damn real. Do any of you guys feel like this or am I the only one.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

Last edited by RoyalBoyle78; 08-20-2004 at 08:38 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 08:57 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: DAMN in confused!

I feel similar to you in that I'm torn between 2 games. With me though, it's NCAA and Madden. Having a true "Coach Mode" in Madden is the shiznittlebamsnipsnapsack. But, doing the "Coach Mode" in NCAA is so much more fun because it's college football. I didn't play Madden at all yesterday. I hope to get some in today and this weekend.

I'm probably gonna put ESPN on the market because I'm, sadly, just not feelin' it this year.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:11 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Play NCAA, get a season done. Export draft classes. Play Madden, do a season, do NFL draft. When friends come over play ESPN.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:16 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I wish that would work for me. I'm the only one in the crew that still consistently, meaning buys the games every year, plays videogames.
Old 08-20-2004, 09:33 AM   #5
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I wish that would work for me. I'm the only one in the crew that still consistently, meaning buys the games every year, plays videogames.

same with me...I really don't have all that much time, with rasing a daughter it's tuff.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2004, 10:26 AM   #6
Rookie

tlj101010's Arena

OVR: 2

Well, I've been an vocal (just not hear) "I hate SEGA and their crappy 2k football game" person for awhile now. I loved the first one, until I learned on the second day that you can't run the ball. Ever since, I seem to have found, even looked for, glaring flaws in the game to add fuel to my hatred. Rainbow passing, superhuman dives, etc, etc.. So, I didn't buy 2k3 or 2k4, although I did rent them. This year, I bought 2k5 only cuz it was cheap and all my online friends were going to get it. I went and picked it up the day it came out, and I found that I do like some of the features of ESPN. In fact, I found myself playing it exclusively until the day Madden came out (at the expense of Spiderman 2 and NCAA). I think I'm 28-10 online, or something, and I told a friend that I was starting to the like the game. I still see tons of flaws, as I'm sure many people do, as I'm sure many other people are willing to ignore.

Since Madden came out, though, I've only played ESPN twice. One offline game to readjust to the controls, and one online league game immediately after that. (I'd be more excited about our league, but we are playing on "Defense Doesn't Exist" Pro setting.. ugh..) I even lent it to a neighbor for a night.

So, I appreciate that you are having great difficulty in choosing a single game to focus on. I thought I would have the same problem when I was playing ESPN. And I probably will, once the NCAA season starts, and I rekindle my desire to play college ball.

:shrug:
Blackhawks
Braves
Old 08-20-2004, 10:41 AM   #7
MVP

Venom_2K's Arena

OVR: 7

It's not hard for me to pick with one to play, it's Madden all the way. I'm loving the Franchise mode
Old 08-20-2004, 10:41 AM   #8
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlj101010
Well, I've been an vocal (just not hear) "I hate SEGA and their crappy 2k football game" person for awhile now. I loved the first one, until I learned on the second day that you can't run the ball. Ever since, I seem to have found, even looked for, glaring flaws in the game to add fuel to my hatred. Rainbow passing, superhuman dives, etc, etc.. So, I didn't buy 2k3 or 2k4, although I did rent them. This year, I bought 2k5 only cuz it was cheap and all my online friends were going to get it. I went and picked it up the day it came out, and I found that I do like some of the features of ESPN. In fact, I found myself playing it exclusively until the day Madden came out (at the expense of Spiderman 2 and NCAA). I think I'm 28-10 online, or something, and I told a friend that I was starting to the like the game. I still see tons of flaws, as I'm sure many people do, as I'm sure many other people are willing to ignore.

Since Madden came out, though, I've only played ESPN twice. One offline game to readjust to the controls, and one online league game immediately after that. (I'd be more excited about our league, but we are playing on "Defense Doesn't Exist" Pro setting.. ugh..) I even lent it to a neighbor for a night.

So, I appreciate that you are having great difficulty in choosing a single game to focus on. I thought I would have the same problem when I was playing ESPN. And I probably will, once the NCAA season starts, and I rekindle my desire to play college ball.

:shrug:

I haven't touched NCAA since ESPN/Madden came out, wich I'm kicking myself in the @ss, cause I really like NCAA. People say having 3 football games is great, the reason why I say its not great is because one sits, I don't have time to play all three i'm lucky I can play 2. I enjoy all three games to the fullest by I may have to cut my time to play just 2. I really would like to play NCAA/MADDEN only, I would love to import my rookies in Madden. ESPN is a great game too. The only reason I can't play ESPN for long time is the franchise crap. I simmed a season in Madden and the franchise is out of this world, Like My man ALI-G would say "Its depper then my julie's front bottom".
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »