Home

Things That Ruin This Game

This is a discussion on Things That Ruin This Game within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2004, 09:23 PM   #17
JFo
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Things That Ruin This Game

Well my take on running is I play on All MADDEN DEFAULT and already this year Ive had more 100 games on the ground than last year,which I barely played becuz I hated it but still,I hit 100 qith J.Lewis,K.Jones,A.green and almost hit 100 with Alexander and oh yeah D.Davis too ...the key is to not hit the turbo and find you hole or let you O Line get onto a defender then sprint past and yes pass to loosen up the d and use your audibles anf flip plays but most of all stay with it...last game against Pit with Baltimore I went for 103 on 29 carries with J.Lewis the key though was that I was shutdown all game except for the 3rd quarter I broke out with 2 20 yarders and set up a TD from the 1 so stay with it and dont quit on the run especially if thats your offense like with KC or Baltimore evn GB
Old 08-21-2004, 09:46 PM   #18
Rookie

so is all-madden default the way to go? because i'm reading all sorts of slider talk for tweaking all-madden and i wonder if these guys are going for realism or just trying to make the game easier, i don't want to do that

after playing some more the 2 glaring problems i see are:

1) blockers are clueless

2) linebackers immediately jet into your backfield the moment you turn to hand it off, this doesn't happen in the nfl unless they are on a called blitz, they wait, in case it is playaction, once again, i think they know you're not going to do playaction before you even snap the ball and that's lame, and on a running play to the outside how come i always get tackled behind the line by a linebacker coming through the middle, in the NFL they pursue to the outside, in my opinion they react too quickly due to the brain-dead ai that has to have foreknowledge of your play to stop you, and they're way too fast
Old 08-21-2004, 10:07 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dork88
the fact that the computer D knows what play you picked is definitely an "issue"

This just in...EA signs Ms. Cleo to implement defensive AI for Madden '06!!

Actually I feel your pain on this. I could accept this more if my QB wasn't nailed before he could hand off 3 times a game.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:30 PM   #20
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
on a running play to the outside how come i always get tackled behind the line by a linebacker coming through the middle, in the NFL they pursue to the outside, in my opinion they react too quickly due to the brain-dead ai that has to have foreknowledge of your play to stop you, and they're way too fast
Interesting. Personally, I like the pursuit and think it's actually pretty realistic for the most part. EA impemented a system this yr where the cpu defenders are aware of what the other defenders are doing and thus react independently. I think we've just become too accustomed to the "School of Fish" defensive pursuit in other titles where all the defensive players' movements are tied to those of the ballcarrier allowing you to essentially run defenders into blockers.
Old 08-21-2004, 10:49 PM   #21
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanobi
Interesting. Personally, I like the pursuit and think it's actually pretty realistic for the most part. EA impemented a system this yr where the cpu defenders are aware of what the other defenders are doing and thus react independently. I think we've just become too accustomed to the "School of Fish" defensive pursuit in other titles where all the defensive players' movements are tied to those of the ballcarrier allowing you to essentially run defenders into blockers.
I think all RBs try to run defenders into blockers.

I've heard the phrase "follow your blockers" all my life. Haven't you?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2004, 12:02 AM   #22
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallTell
I think all RBs try to run defenders into blockers.

I've heard the phrase "follow your blockers" all my life. Haven't you?
You clearly mistunderstood me.
Old 08-22-2004, 01:10 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
i don't know what you are smoking but the fact that the computer D knows what play you picked is definitely an "issue"

i watch the jets and giants every week and have been for the past 6 years, i see receivers jump for the ball often

and if this topic was so boring to you, why did you bother posting?
No you dont becuase receiver are tought NOT to leave their feet. No one throws up "jump" balls in the NFL. Anyway, my recievers DO jump, when needed.

This topic isnt boring it just you have saome non-issues there.

Charles
Old 08-22-2004, 02:10 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddenman420
*yawn* Running is realistic. The D picks their play after you, it just happens in a MS and you dont notice it. That is a non-issue.

Recievers jump, they just need to be in the right play for it to happen. This isnt last years game where DB's and WR's were jumping all over the place. Anyway, when do you EVER see receivers jump for balls in teh NFL? Hardly ever, not everyone is Randy Moss bro...

Charles
*yawn* It's not realistic. When was the last time you saw a quaterback tackled before he could hand the ball off on a simple dive play more than once in an actual NFL game? I like playing Madden, but let's not continue to make 100 excuses for things that need to be fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »