Home

Ogun to Bears for Booker

This is a discussion on Ogun to Bears for Booker within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-21-2004, 05:47 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Ogun to Bears for Booker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiTownKid
I would be equally happy if the trade goes through or if it doesn't. Booker is good, but the Bears need a pass rush.
bears need pretty much everything. i love them but they just don't have enough talent IMHO. we need big play players and besides urlacher (who didn't do well with a weakend line in front of him last year) we don't have anyone stepping up to prove their worth.

i hope grossman and jones have banner years.

Madden 2005 online record
Old 08-21-2004, 06:04 PM   #10
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabcaptain
bears need pretty much everything. i love them but they just don't have enough talent IMHO. we need big play players and besides urlacher (who didn't do well with a weakend line in front of him last year) we don't have anyone stepping up to prove their worth.

I think their o-line is the best it's looked in a few years, Tucker's injury notwithstanding. Tait was a solid pickup, and I think Gandy and Gibson will have good years, if they can avoid injuries. Jones has looked good in camp, and having Thomas gives them some real depth at RB. I think they have a solid receiver core, and I'll be keeping my eyes on Justin Gage.

Defensively, they're hurting. Their line does not impress me, and with Urlacher missing all of camp with a hammy, I doubt the LB's will find their groove before midseason. The secondary is also worrisome. Azumah is out for who knows how long, Green is average at best, Vasher is unproven, leaving only Tillman and McQuarters as the base, and, well, that doesn't exactly make me feel comfortable.

But, you never know. Guys step up. With the right coaches, the right attitude, and the right game plan, these guys could sum up to be something much greater than their individual stats and ratings would indicate.

Besides. Shoop is gone. Things can only get better.
Old 08-21-2004, 06:07 PM   #11
Rookie

If their OL plays like it did against the Rams it won't matter if they have Rice and Taylor at wideouts. That was just sick...watching the DEs on the Rams was like watching a game of Madden: line up wide, sprint upfield, turn left at the QB. I counted at least 3 times both the Ram's ends got to the QB at the same time just as he finished his dropback.

That being said, I don't like this deal. The Bears have a history of dealing off or just letting go the few productive wideouts they have. Jeff Graham, anyone? How about the way they treated Marcus Robinson?

They really need Booker, he's one of the few offensive threats they possess. Not only that, but you never see the guy take a play off. This is just not good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 06:10 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by saabcaptain

Woah woah woah the bears have a better team than in 2001, ( the year 13-3) Better D better offense, there is NO reason why they shouldnt make the playoffs
Old 08-21-2004, 08:22 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3
Thumbs down Re: Ogun to Bears for Booker

As a die hard fish fan this will be a terrible deal for us. I guess this nightmare will never end for us.
Old 08-21-2004, 08:40 PM   #14
Pro

miamicanes11's Arena

OVR: 5

I personally dont like this deal but Im tired of everybody writing off the Dolphins. We are the same team as last year plus Freeman and a better O-line minus Ricky and Marion. Granted those are big losses, but we were still playoff contenders last year and I believe we will be this year too. This team has been the most constistently good team in the NFL over the past 10 years and I believe they will continue to do the same this year. Great? no. Good? yes.
Old 08-21-2004, 09:32 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamicanes11
I personally dont like this deal but Im tired of everybody writing off the Dolphins. We are the same team as last year plus Freeman and a better O-line minus Ricky and Marion. Granted those are big losses, but we were still playoff contenders last year and I believe we will be this year too. This team has been the most constistently good team in the NFL over the past 10 years and I believe they will continue to do the same this year. Great? no. Good? yes.
Dont get me wrong the team is still GOOD, but nowhere near as GOOD as when Rickey was on the team and we still didnt go anywhere. As for the defense as GREAT as the defensive unit is it gives up way to many big plays and end up losing the game. The O-line maybe better(I am not sure) but with 5 new starters they can be the best 5 on the NFL without any familiarity it may not sound good for a weak running game(not as good as Rickey) with Minor. Consistently winning is cool, but the ultimate goal is the Lombardi trophy, so the fish can be a good team for 50 years in a row and it wouldnt mean a damn thing if they dont/cant win the final game of the football season. We havent been to the SB since 1985 and won it last in 1973. From what I have seen they need a completely new offenseive scheme and a little less man2man coverage on D as that is what I think is killing them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2004, 10:02 PM   #16
Rookie

As long as you guys have Wanny coaching, you're screwed.

Fact.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »