Home

New Madden Forum Suggestion

This is a discussion on New Madden Forum Suggestion within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2004, 09:47 AM   #1
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24
New Madden Forum Suggestion

I came to Operation Sports because it advertised itself as a community for hardcore gamers. It was a welcome change from sorting through a lot of the nonsense found on other message boards, thanks to the efforts of the mods here. However, i'm finding myself wanting something more.

While I appreciate everyones right to voice their opinion, I am personally not interested in whether or not they like the game or any problems they have the game. Currently about half the posts on the first page of the madden forum have to do with "problems" with this years madden. Like I said, I think people have the right to give their opinion but it is simply not the types of discussion i'm interested in.

I would like a place to discuss Madden strategy, everything from gameplay to franchise. It has been increasingly frustrating to see some of mine, and others, posts regarding strategy disappear from the top of the board in favor of "why i do or don't like madden" posts.

I know there are others out there like me, who are more interested in talking about custom packages, X's and O's and realistic trades. I apologize for rambling, I guess my point is I'm just looking for a forum that focuses on topics for the more hardcore gamer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2004, 10:08 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: New Madden Forum Suggestion

Os has something for everybody. There are people who discuss strategy, but people also like to express their opinoins. This is also a place where people develop respect for others thoughts on things and sometimes when you're on the fence for a game you wanna hear about as much as possible from gamers like yourself before you fork over the $$$ to purchase it.

Like I said, there's something for everybody here, you just gotta dig for the stuff that's useful for you.

Old 08-22-2004, 11:20 AM   #3
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

I couldn't agree with you more, camulos. I don't know the exact date the OS Forums went from 'Dedicated to Sports Gaming' to 'Dedicated to Nitpicking', but it has.

The only thing to do? If you want to discuss real topics, start them. People will follow along. Right now, the Amateur QA Testers make the most noise, so they get the most responses. If you generate more discussion along the lines you want, that sort of discussion will grow.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:25 AM   #4
MVP

dave360's Arena

OVR: 17

Amen Jistic. If I had waited a day or two and read what the guys in the NCAA forum said about the slowdown, I would have rented the game and got my draft classes and returned it. I waited until I saw that ESPN and Madden both were decent before buying them. I put what guys like Football Forever, Jistic, Pared, and the mods say above what even friends and coworkers say because I know they are hardcore sim gamers like myself. Count me as one who enjoys reading others dislikes and likes of the game, because every single game that I've read about on OS and bought, I've loved. The opinions here are much better than on most other boards and much better than game store employees and such.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:32 AM   #5
Cr*m*n*lly *nd*rr*t*d

LetsGoPitt's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
I couldn't agree with you more, camulos. I don't know the exact date the OS Forums went from 'Dedicated to Sports Gaming' to 'Dedicated to Nitpicking', but it has.

The only thing to do? If you want to discuss real topics, start them. People will follow along. Right now, the Amateur QA Testers make the most noise, so they get the most responses. If you generate more discussion along the lines you want, that sort of discussion will grow.
Give it a few more weeks. Every time new games are released, noobies come out of the woodwork to dissect everything about the new game, but after the first few weeks, they fade away almost as fast as the Cubs' playoff hopes. Then you'll start to see the "old-timers" start to dominate the boards once again.
“In my lifetime, we've gone from Eisenhower to George W. Bush. We've gone from John F. Kennedy to Al Gore. If this is evolution, I believe that in twelve years, we'll be voting for plants.” - Lewis Black
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 12:39 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen

Is it possible to add another classification for each thread ? For example maybe when creating a thread you could denote it as "strategy" based.

That extra classification coupled with a filter option could allow users to only see "strategy" threads should they choose to turn the filter on.

Is that possible ?

Last edited by HoracioJones; 08-23-2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:13 AM   #7
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
I came to Operation Sports because it advertised itself as a community for hardcore gamers. It was a welcome change from sorting through a lot of the nonsense found on other message boards, thanks to the efforts of the mods here. However, i'm finding myself wanting something more.

While I appreciate everyones right to voice their opinion, I am personally not interested in whether or not they like the game or any problems they have the game. Currently about half the posts on the first page of the madden forum have to do with "problems" with this years madden. Like I said, I think people have the right to give their opinion but it is simply not the types of discussion i'm interested in.

I would like a place to discuss Madden strategy, everything from gameplay to franchise. It has been increasingly frustrating to see some of mine, and others, posts regarding strategy disappear from the top of the board in favor of "why i do or don't like madden" posts.

I know there are others out there like me, who are more interested in talking about custom packages, X's and O's and realistic trades. I apologize for rambling, I guess my point is I'm just looking for a forum that focuses on topics for the more hardcore gamer.
Just wait a few more weeks and you will see more strategy discussion although you're welcome to discuss it now. Everytime a new release comes out (not matter which game or sport) the first thing the majority of OSers do is pick apart the game. After about 4-6 weeks this type of stuff really dies down and you can get more of the discussion you're looking for.
Old 08-23-2004, 01:45 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos

Its called freedom of speech dude and as long as no one is out right bashing a game or being a hard headed fanboy i see nothing wrong with it. Yes it DOES get frustrating seeing all the complaints from the consistant whinners and cry babies in here but thats part of life and unfortunately some people that play videogames take videogames a bit more seriously and expect their videogame to play perfect..which of course anyone with a brain larger then a sweet pea knows there is no such thing as a perfect playing game.

But back to the subject - One of the best things about America is freedom of Speech and for OS to stop such a thing as what your referring to would take away someones right of "freedom of speech"....which would be lame.

Unfortunately Freedom of Speech has its downsides...which "as u see in here" can bring in the little flea's that like to rain on the parade..thats part of the trade off i guess.

Last edited by Moegames; 08-23-2004 at 01:52 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »