Home

What are these new option plays?

This is a discussion on What are these new option plays? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2004, 10:17 AM   #1
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8
What are these new option plays?

I have only played a few games so far, the first thing I noticed is that I can barely see the play diagrams, and they have added some WR option plays. How do these work. It looks like my WR could either run a fly or a post? How is this determined? Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 11:59 AM   #2
Pro

GboroKidd's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: What are these new option plays?

your Wr can run any of those routes based on how the coverage looks. A WR with good awareness will read the coverage and run his routh accordingly. For example: If ur WR's route is a post, and then it shows a fly and say a drag. If theres man coverage with no safety help, he will run the fly. If it is a say cover 2 zone, he will run the post. If it is man cover 2, he will run the drag.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:04 PM   #3
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GboroKidd
your Wr can run any of those routes based on how the coverage looks. A WR with good awareness will read the coverage and run his routh accordingly. For example: If ur WR's route is a post, and then it shows a fly and say a drag. If theres man coverage with no safety help, he will run the fly. If it is a say cover 2 zone, he will run the post. If it is man cover 2, he will run the drag.
Yep.. I absolutely love this feature, man! Its like the cpu-controlled wr is "thinking" for himself...almost as if you had a hum player playin co-op with you vs the cpu. I expect this feature to be in all football games next yr. I can't see how one could be without it.
Old 08-23-2004, 12:19 PM   #4
MVP

toychri's Arena

OVR: 8

Nice! thanks guys.

This is what I thought, but I was not sure if I was supposed to be controling the route with the right stick (playmaker) or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »