Home

Confessions of a Football Homer

This is a discussion on Confessions of a Football Homer within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #1
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12
Confessions of a Football Homer

I just want to know if anyone else has problems not focusing on your favorite players. What I mean is, for example, if you have two good players at a position and one you know well and have followed and the other is an unknown or played on a hated team or something but has much higher ratings and you still go with the guy you like.

Not sure if that made sence...

A good example is doing a Fantasy Draft Franchise. I have such a hard time not going after the guys I am familiar with and like alot.

Just figured I'd throw the question out there and see if anyone else has these issues. I would prolly have much more fun if I could get past this because it causes me to focus too much on individuals and their stats and such and in the end is bad for the team.

Nascar: #88 Junior
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 03:37 PM   #2
MVP

skydog71's Arena

Re: Confessions of a Football Homer

Yeah I have the same problem. I love Tomlinson, and also have a soft spot for any Titans. Don't feel bad though, most coaches are the same way. Parcells brought in Keyshawn and Testaverde... Gruden got Garner and Tim Brown... and don't forget when Spurrier coached the Redskins, he brought in tons of former Florida players. And just a few weeks back, Jeff Fisher invited Jarrett Payton to Titans training camp... maybe the fact that Walter & Jeff were teammates had something to do with that?
Old 08-23-2004, 03:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog71
Yeah I have the same problem. I love Tomlinson, and also have a soft spot for any Titans. Don't feel bad though, most coaches are the same way. Parcells brought in Keyshawn and Testaverde... Gruden got Garner and Tim Brown... and don't forget when Spurrier coached the Redskins, he brought in tons of former Florida players. And just a few weeks back, Jeff Fisher invited Jarrett Payton to Titans training camp... maybe the fact that Walter & Jeff were teammates had something to do with that?

Well, sort of the same problem for me. I've been playing the Bears for ever, online and against others, and each year they seem to get a little worse. It sucks losing to your wife at Madden, especially when she chooses the Packers, just because she knows it pisses you off.
Old 08-23-2004, 04:45 PM   #4
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empty_One
Well, sort of the same problem for me. I've been playing the Bears for ever, online and against others, and each year they seem to get a little worse. It sucks losing to your wife at Madden, especially when she chooses the Packers, just because she knows it pisses you off.
LOL. That is classic. Hell I'd prolly be more than happy to loose to my wife at Madden at least that would mean she play'ed it. You are one LUCKY man! Though I cant complain because my wife does love football. She even watches pre-season and also watches games during the season even if I'm not home.

Nascar: #88 Junior

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »