Home

New cheese just ruined Madden for me...

This is a discussion on New cheese just ruined Madden for me... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2004, 05:28 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: New cheese just ruined Madden for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tredell
Sorry for the OT question... but how do you find the OS Lobby? Everytime I've played online the game just finds me some mystical opponent. I havent been able to figure out how to choose who I want to play (kinda like in ESPN).

-Tredell
Go online, go to game modes, choose online lobbies, go to the bottom one and sort through the list looking for "OS Madden." If it's not there, hit the black button and create one.
Old 08-23-2004, 05:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

ahhh... thanks dude.

-Tredell
Old 08-23-2004, 05:38 PM   #11
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Did you try using a dime package and with the extra corners hot route contain assignments for them?

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2004, 07:15 PM   #12
Rookie

Xagoth's Arena

OVR: 5

Yes, I tried dime with extra corner doubled up on him. I even tried using quarter defense (figured extra speed would help), shifted everything to the side I knew he was going to run to and that didnt work either.

I think the problem, is the defense AI sees its a reverse, so they ALL start heading where a normal reverse is going to go....problem is, he cuts it back as soon as its handed off. So everyone on my defense is going the way the reverse is SUPPOSED to go, so he has a nice clear open field ahead of him.

Seems like its a bug in the defense AI that is being taken advantage of. Its kind of hard to describe what goes on without seeing it firsthand. No matter where your defense is positioned or what guys they are man to man on, the reverse seems to make them all forget their assignments and head to the direction the reverse is supposed to go.

I hope I am wrong and there is a way to counter it. I only had one game of that crap, so couldnt possibly try every defense possiblity. Its why I came here, hoping someone had encountered this guy or someone who runs that play EVERY down like he did...and stopped it.

BTW, just got done playing Uncle Madden (XBox gamer tag) and lost in overtime. Was one hell of a game. Renewed my sense of fun in Madden anyways...

Bears, Bulls, Cubs and Wildcats through thick and thin...mostly thin...
Old 08-23-2004, 07:19 PM   #13
Banned

TallTell's Arena

OVR: 3

BTW, just got done playing Uncle Madden (XBox gamer tag) and lost in overtime. Was one hell of a game. Renewed my sense of fun in Madden anyways...

:y4: Ya'll scared him straight.
Old 08-24-2004, 07:15 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 9
Icon6 Re: New cheese just ruined Madden for me...

Use playmaker as a solution. Call double teams on that guy. I like 'cheese' plays, once i figure them out, I seem to be able to cause injury to players.
Old 08-24-2004, 12:01 PM   #15
Pro

ChiTownKid's Arena

OVR: 10

I'd have to see this WR Reverse play with my own eyes (thank god I haven't yet) to see how it unfolds, but it sounds like something you could cover by running zone flats coverage, with the playmaker option of bringing all of your defenders to the line on a fake-blitz. Or, a 3-4 drop zone with the same fake-blitz preparation. It does sound like instant death for man-to-man, though.

Dunno. I'm curious to see it, but at the same time, I really don't want to.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 12:20 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivek
and if you do, Foseen will take em out back!
OS lobby on Xbox or PS2?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »