Home

Am I the only one who thinks Madden's running game is awesome?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who thinks Madden's running game is awesome? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2004, 11:54 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 20
Re: Am I the only one who thinks Madden's running game is awesome?

If you haven't played ESPN, you wouldn't think there was a problem with Madden's.
Old 08-25-2004, 12:05 AM   #10
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

I'm one of the few that like Madden's running game over ESPN's. 50% of that is prolly familiarization because I've played Madden alot longer. I do like ESPN's but the running animation itself drives me nuts. They look like they have sticks up their butts....

Nascar: #88 Junior
Old 08-25-2004, 12:46 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

The running game in madden is so so.Its flawed.They need to get rid of the pinball effect,you know the sticking and bouncing of the other players.This is not football and they refuse to change it.They also need to improve the juke moves,they are also old.I still average over 5 yards a carry though.All the things they did to defense this year needs to be done to the running game in 2006.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 12:46 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 7

I believe someone said the running on the PC version doesnt have the ping pong effect. Thats why I am getting that version along with the supposed graphical updates.
Old 08-25-2004, 01:44 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

I like the running game more this year. I like how on some plays I'll get stopped in the backfield for a loss and other plays I'll be able to bust off a 20+ yard run. It's got a lot more variety to it this year, which is much more realistic. In previous games, no matter what settings I used, I'd either get good runs all the time, or bad runs all the time. I was never able to get a good mix of both. I think this game is the best it's ever been in that regard. Plus, I find that my RB's do a better job of getting through the holes and not just running into the lineman and falling down, which has always been very frustrating.
Old 08-25-2004, 08:20 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolbubbaice
Maddens running game is awful.. I hate the ping pong effect with my lineman & my RB getting stuck!! In ESPN your RB slides by your blocking lineman, strafing & cuting when turning or going in another direction.. The run animation is better in Madden, but thats about it.. Too bad ESPN doesn't have maddens passing mechanics..

What? Too bad espn doesn't have maddens passing mechanics? Are you insane. You mean the mechanics where every qb throws the same way and the ball loops when thrown deep. Do you mean the mechanics where the qb is getting sacked and is able to throw 60 yards down field bullet style. Please tell me your kidding and living in the real world.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:51 AM   #15
All Star

p2xgamers's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie67
What? Too bad espn doesn't have maddens passing mechanics? Are you insane. You mean the mechanics where every qb throws the same way and the ball loops when thrown deep. Do you mean the mechanics where the qb is getting sacked and is able to throw 60 yards down field bullet style. Please tell me your kidding and living in the real world.
You like exaggerating?

My Blog
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 11:48 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I only have one problem with the running game, and that is when out of the I formation, my lead blocker coast thru the line, and I get tackled in the backfield. He is usually 6 yards down field by the time I get the ball, and 10 yards down when I get tackled. All I wish is that I could keep up with him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »