Home

Am I the only one who thinks Madden's running game is awesome?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who thinks Madden's running game is awesome? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2004, 08:14 PM   #33
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Am I the only one who thinks Madden's running game is awesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Could not have said it better. Madden still uses the same running game since the orignal ps2. In comparing the two games we can go on and on, but when it comes to running game ANYONE that knows football knows ESPN is bar far better than madden in every aspect (as far as running game is concerd)
You think only being able to run in only eight directions is better? That is truly old school...
Old 08-29-2004, 08:56 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 1

i just cant seem to like espns running game they all run like they got sticks up their butts or something legs so close together running like they got a twat. Sorry but its true, reminds me of the games we had around in the early 80s like track and field button mashing.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:57 PM   #35
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I really enjoy the Madden running game. They do, however, need to implement the "maximum tackle" feature from ESPN. I like the tackling system better in ESPN but I like Madden overall this year, again. The best part about ESPN's tackling system is how you can wrap a guy up and then come in with another defender and punch him back more, which is especially important on first down and touchdown situations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2004, 09:01 PM   #36
All Star

OVR: 21

I find Madden's run game to be flawed by the design of engine, which lacks player interaction. I know Tiburon has done a ton of work on trying to get momentum right and for the most part has succeeded. It's cool being able to use someone's momentum against them. But the tackling system really does seem almost like flag football as wwharton mentioned. I usually find myself wondering why/suprised a tackle was broken in Madden. Also, because of the way Madden does player interaction, player placement is more important than personnel.

There's no way I should be able to call Quarters, crowd the LoS, and be effective stopping a RB like Jamal Lewis - yet I can, simply because of the tackling system. ESPN isn't perfect, but is more grounded in reality than Madden's current system is. In the same scenario, I'd have to try to funnel Jamal Lewis towards help for a gang tackle. I think it's safe to say that Madden's system will look more like EsPN than vice versa in the future - I can't see how anyone would want Madden to stay the same player interaction wise.
Old 08-29-2004, 09:54 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
You think only being able to run in only eight directions is better? That is truly old school...

Ok let me make it simple.....ESPN's running game is BY FAR MORE REALISTIC than Maddens. I DO NOT want to get into a flame ware. Regardless of which game you like you have to admit the running game in madden is BAD WHEN you compare it to ESPN. Like someone said earlier if you cant see that your in denial or know nothing about football. And I dont mean you personally just everyone in genral.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:36 PM   #38
Pro

Dienekes's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram209
Ok let me make it simple.....ESPN's running game is BY FAR MORE REALISTIC than Maddens. I DO NOT want to get into a flame ware. Regardless of which game you like you have to admit the running game in madden is BAD WHEN you compare it to ESPN. Like someone said earlier if you cant see that your in denial or know nothing about football. And I dont mean you personally just everyone in genral.
Running in only 8 directions is realistic??

I don't HAVE to admit anything. My preference is for Madden's running game. That does not mean I am in denial or know nothing about football, I could easily say you are in denial or know nothing about football cause you like ESPN's running game better. Does that make it true?

Don't insult "everyone in general" just cause they don't like what you do. If you want to talk to people who think the ESPN running game is great then make a post on the ESPN forum called "Am I the only one who think's ESPN's running game is awesome?". This will probably give you some responses that are more to your liking.

Last edited by Dienekes; 08-29-2004 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 10:58 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 3

Running itself is more realistic
But blocking in ESPN outshines Madden.

So madden runner/D movement and espn blocking's game.
Old 08-29-2004, 11:13 PM   #40
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
Running in only 8 directions is realistic??

8 way directional running would prevent the ability to run in a perfect, fluid circle, yet you can in ESPN. Try ity first, then chew on the concept.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »