Home

Am I the only one who thinks Madden's running game is awesome?

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who thinks Madden's running game is awesome? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2004, 08:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Am I the only one who thinks Madden's running game is awesome?

i think its AMAZING. i see no problems, and i am sitting here thinking about what is wrong about it when people talk about how much it sucks. do people think the problem is that its too hard? you cant get past the linemen and LBs? is the blocking too bad?

i find it perfect. at one point i actually was gonna write a complaint about how its too easy without any slider adjustments.

well i guess every player is different huh.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Am I the only one who thinks Madden's running game is awesome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins09
i think its AMAZING. i see no problems, and i am sitting here thinking about what is wrong about it when people talk about how much it sucks. do people think the problem is that its too hard? you cant get past the linemen and LBs? is the blocking too bad?

i find it perfect. at one point i actually was gonna write a complaint about how its too easy without any slider adjustments.

I don't want to be negative but I find the running game on madden very weak.It is a combination of things blocking,tackling and running the ball. There is just no sense of breaking tackles it seems that a 140lb db can make a tackle on a stud back.It just might be me ,I have been playing the competition and I find the running game much more satisfying in that game
Old 08-24-2004, 09:57 PM   #3
TCF
Rookie

OVR: 7

i like the running game. you just have to play with the sliders til they are right.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:06 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 12

Maddens running game is awful.. I hate the ping pong effect with my lineman & my RB getting stuck!! In ESPN your RB slides by your blocking lineman, strafing & cuting when turning or going in another direction.. The run animation is better in Madden, but thats about it.. Too bad ESPN doesn't have maddens passing mechanics..
Old 08-24-2004, 11:18 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

It isn't awfully bad, but is far behind the competition. I personally think the momentum is very "good" (running with Warrick Dunn feels completely different than running with Jerome Bettis), but running between tackles is very "bad".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2004, 11:32 PM   #6
Rookie

I too think the running game is truly awesome this year. It's not so damn easy anymore. I could rack up 100+ yards with 2 running backs every single game last year, and the year before, and etc. Now, if I put up good rushing numbers, I know I've earned it. No more cheesy cut every run to the outside, and go for 5 or more yards. You've got your hole, and a very short amount of time to hit it. You miss your hole, and you ain't going anywhere.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:38 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins09

The PC running game is right on with reality, but the CPU one needs some slider help.
Old 08-24-2004, 11:45 PM   #8
Rookie

There needs to be better blocking and get rid of the pin ball effects for it to be great...it is good though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »