Home

IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED

This is a discussion on IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 09:41 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fossen
That would be a wager you would lose.

That might be a possibility at gaming speciality stores, GameStop and EB. But if you think ESPN is selling as well as Madden at Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy ... I hope it's a small bet.

It was a small bet...a guess remember?
Old 08-25-2004, 09:47 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 3

I've been in a few EB Games and Gamestops and they've had plenty of both games on the shelves...
Old 08-25-2004, 09:49 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
Smile Re: IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Seems like its heading in that direction already to me.

The day Madden gets a name change and rehaul is the day ESPN disappears off the face of the planet again.
EA is making so much money, they don't really care how good there games are as long as they make money!! If Madden stops making money, they will change, but they have no motivation to spend more when they are already reaping rewards!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 09:52 AM   #12
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethefan
EA is making so much money, they don't really care how good there games are as long as they make money!! If Madden stops making money, they will change, but they have no motivation to spend more when they are already reaping rewards!
i agree with this. Didnt triple play continue to make the most money of all the baseball games right up until the last year it was out?

Do we like the way they work? no, cause it hurts the more hardcore sports gamers, but i think ea's bulk of earnings comes from the casual population.

Old 08-25-2004, 09:59 AM   #13
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

EA's not gonna change anything til their profits take a hit. Why would they? I considered this year to be very light on the advertising for them....very few ads to hype the game and it STILL sold 1.3 mil in a week. If they wanted to make even more money they would just need to add more money to advertising, not even touch the game. A sad but true fact.
Old 08-25-2004, 10:05 AM   #14
MVP

OVR: 17

They get free advertising as well.
The magazines in the newspaper from target or walmart when madden came out had madden 2005 on all the tv screens in the magazine. Espn got a spot in the new releases and that was it, they werent even in it the third week. Madden doesnt have to advertise, everyone else does it for them
Old 08-25-2004, 10:05 AM   #15
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethefan
Thats exactly why I care what EA and VC sells. PPl seem to get angry when you actually have some type of concern towards the sells. I've said a few times already, since EA keeps selling Madden like hotcakes, than dont expect Madden to change much. I want them to fail this year, not in terms of copies sold but to actually be beaten by Sega so that they will wake up and finnally put efford into making the game better.

Until then, 1.3 million copies sold shows no indication of a change.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 10:25 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 3

People make the point that "EA dosen't care what the retail sell they already made their money" While it is true that EA already have their money they should and probably do care! If gamespot(X) orders 50 copy of madden and only sells 10, what is going to happen next year? that gamespot is probably going to order 30 copies instead of 50 .... ESPN knows this and its probably one of the reason for thier $20 price tag. Next year when the retailers are ready to order and they see that how much ESPN sold they are going to order alot more..
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »