Home

IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED

This is a discussion on IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2004, 08:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Red face IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED

If Madden doesn't do a real upgrade to challenge the competition next year, I believe the changing of the guards will occur! I honestly believe people are fustrated with their half azz attempts at upgrading their game. More and more people( madden drones) are jumping ship with their un-dying loyalty. I believe we all felt like we would give it a chance this year, but if ESPN improves and Madden doesn't followsuit... I think they will lose loyal fans!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 09:09 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED

uhmmm u must not of read about the 1.3million in a week thread huh. Nothing is gonna change drastically until the next gen systems and next year will be like the same no matter how good espn is.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:15 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodedSoldier
uhmmm u must not of read about the 1.3million in a week thread huh. Nothing is gonna change drastically until the next gen systems and next year will be like the same no matter how good espn is.

uhmmm u must not of read about the fact that those 1.3 million copies are the #'s bought by the retailers who are selling the game. Ask a retailer (GameStop, EB, etc) and ESPN is flying off the shelves faster. They have had to do multiple re-orders of ESPN, and still have 40 copies of Madden on the shelves still.

Please note: I own ESPN, and have owned Madden in the past. I am just stating a fact that was stated by GameStop employees.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:25 AM   #4
**t *f y**r *l*m*nt D*nny

Bacardi151's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvarr
uhmmm u must not of read about the fact that those 1.3 million copies are the #'s bought by the retailers who are selling the game. Ask a retailer (GameStop, EB, etc) and ESPN is flying off the shelves faster. They have had to do multiple re-orders of ESPN, and still have 40 copies of Madden on the shelves still.

Please note: I own ESPN, and have owned Madden in the past. I am just stating a fact that was stated by GameStop employees.

makes me laugh when i see the word "fact" and "gamestop employee" in the same sentence
Regardless of how many are sitting on the shelves, EA sold ~1.3 and made the money off of it. Will that happen next year? No one can say other than the nostrodamus' among us.

I doubt EA will allow their prized franchise to go the way of their former baseball title.

Old 08-25-2004, 09:27 AM   #5
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethefan
IF Madden Doesn't change... they're DOOMED
:y4: Man, I miss that commercial.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2004, 09:34 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacardi151
makes me laugh when i see the word "fact" and "gamestop employee" in the same sentence
Regardless of how many are sitting on the shelves, EA sold ~1.3 and made the money off of it. Will that happen next year? No one can say other than the nostrodamus' among us.

I doubt EA will allow their prized franchise to go the way of their former baseball title.

While this is true, and I agree with you about all your points, I was simply just saying that the end users (customers/players) have not purchased all of those 1.3 million copies.

There is no way to know for sure, but I would wager a guess that ESPN/Madden "sales to the players" are about 50/50.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:37 AM   #7
Bl*bfl*th z*p!

fossen's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelvarr
While this is true, and I agree with you about all your points, I was simply just saying that the end users (customers/players) have not purchased all of those 1.3 million copies.

There is no way to know for sure, but I would wager a guess that ESPN/Madden "sales to the players" are about 50/50.
That would be a wager you would lose.

That might be a possibility at gaming speciality stores, GameStop and EB. But if you think ESPN is selling as well as Madden at Target, Wal-Mart, and Best Buy ... I hope it's a small bet.
Old 08-25-2004, 09:38 AM   #8
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:

Seems like its heading in that direction already to me.

The day Madden gets a name change and rehaul is the day ESPN disappears off the face of the planet again.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »