Home

The Comeback Code "its in the game"

This is a discussion on The Comeback Code "its in the game" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2004, 11:00 AM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: The Comeback Code "its in the game"

It's there. If you choose not to see it, that's what you choose to do. You can't ignore stuff like this post and mine a week or so ago and say it's not there.

For me, it's not interceptions or the computer suddenly crushing me, it's the fumbles. Like 4 in 3 possessions(muffed punt that I had with NO ONE near me, then fumbled a run on the goal-line, next punt I recieved I fumbled on the return, then next possession my RB fumbled at mid-field).

I wouldn't mind it nearly as much if EA just made the computer play better rather than suddenly making me have mistakes I have no control over. It's another short-cut EA has decided to take.

Like I mentioned in my post, it's not a game-killer by any means for me. This is the best football game I've played to date and there is so much up side that this comeback AI doesn't destroy it for me. I just think EA has been taking major short-cuts with us on their football games.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:09 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgeno
It's there. If you choose not to see it, that's what you choose to do. You can't ignore stuff like this post and mine a week or so ago and say it's not there.

For me, it's not interceptions or the computer suddenly crushing me, it's the fumbles. Like 4 in 3 possessions(muffed punt that I had with NO ONE near me, then fumbled a run on the goal-line, next punt I recieved I fumbled on the return, then next possession my RB fumbled at mid-field).

I wouldn't mind it nearly as much if EA just made the computer play better rather than suddenly making me have mistakes I have no control over. It's another short-cut EA has decided to take.

Like I mentioned in my post, it's not a game-killer by any means for me. This is the best football game I've played to date and there is so much up side that this comeback AI doesn't destroy it for me. I just think EA has been taking major short-cuts with us on their football games.
My point is that, had those situations been reversed in your favor (i.e. the cpu muffs the punt and you are behind), you would consider it good luck for you.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:14 AM   #11
MVP

bgeno's Arena

But it doesn't happen for me, at least it hasn't yet.

I dont hate the comeback AI. I'll just keep stressing that EA takes shortcuts on their games.

Do you seriously think they thought just having you fumble a bunch was a better solution than simply upping the computer's ability?

It's the same with NCAA's uber-secondary. How hard would it have been to make one-on-one AI better so that you wouldn't need to have DB's jump in from 20 yards away to make a play?

However, EA will continue to use this as part of their "gameplan". Madden is going to sell whether they take time with the game or not. So why not take some shortcuts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2004, 11:15 AM   #12
MVP

bgeno's Arena

And to the people who claim it isn't there:

Doesn't it seem odd to you that it never happens in the first half? It never happens when you are losing?
Old 08-26-2004, 11:18 AM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
And to the people who claim it isn't there:

Doesn't it seem odd to you that it never happens in the first half? It never happens when you are losing?
I just don't have it happen when I'm winning either.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:20 AM   #14
MVP

bgeno's Arena

What's that old saying? Just because you can't see it, that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Or something like that.

Other people have seen it. This "bad luck" as many people are calling it, isn't just that. It's a bad attempt by EA to make games against the computer more competetive.

I think I'm gonna have to quit talking about it before I start to not like the game... haha.
Old 08-26-2004, 11:22 AM   #15
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryBook
It's kind of funny, isn't it. If we comeback and beat the computer, it's a great win for us but if the computer comes back and beats us, it cheated.
excellent point.

In all honesty I've even looked for it and haven't seen it. If EA did add it then they either did a pretty poor job of it this yr or its so subtle that it's barely noticable. Either way, its nowhere near as blatant as it was in previous versions of Madden. But thats just my experience with the game thus far. I obviously can't speak for others.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2004, 11:23 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
What's that old saying? Just because you can't see it, that doesn't mean it isn't there.

Or something like that.

Other people have seen it. This "bad luck" as many people are calling it, isn't just that. It's a bad attempt by EA to make games against the computer more competetive.

I think I'm gonna have to quit talking about it before I start to not like the game... haha.
The other point is, that even if it does exist, EA isn't the only ones that do that. Sega has always done it too and any other company that has ever made a sports game. Heck, in some games, it's even an on and off option (primarily basketball games, I think).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »