Home

The Comeback Code "its in the game"

This is a discussion on The Comeback Code "its in the game" within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2004, 08:50 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
The Comeback Code "its in the game"

and i hate it. fumbles and ints that seem almost scripted. like the computer is up by less than a touchdown and you're in the last minute of a game leading a comeback drive and you make a pass and get in fg range only to have the receiver fumble the ball and of course the computer recovers. not only that but the fumble was caused by the ground and the booth doesn't request a replay. had you been able to challenge it it obviously would have been overturned. Its like if you’re in the last 2 mins of the game the computer creates bad calls favorable to them and never seems to review them.

then you got the miracle comeback drives the computer puts together. ya defense was shutin the computer down all game and its like all of a sudden the computer has figured out how to move the ball better and ever other play is a first down for them till they score.

the magical sack pass where the computer gets sacked but somehow the ball gets out and a receiver does a low catch before it hits the ground. or worse ya linebackers and dbs just watch the wr catch the ball even though they were in a good position to knock the ball down.

sometimes it seems as if the computer has a fumble routine where if its down in a close game every other run play will result in a fumble till the computer gets the ball back and puts together a miracle drive to win it. ya hb can have a 90+ carry but he's constantly fumbling the ball even if you use the wrap it up button.

i've seen my wr tip the pass so the computer can get an int. even wr with 90+ catch all of a sudden can't catch and are tipping the passes up for grabs.

anybody else seen stuff like this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2004, 09:00 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: The Comeback Code "its in the game"

Quote:
Originally Posted by winb83
and i hate it. fumbles and ints that seem almost scripted. like the computer is up by less than a touchdown and you're in the last minute of a game leading a comeback drive and you make a pass and get in fg range only to have the receiver fumble the ball and of course the computer recovers. not only that but the fumble was caused by the ground and the booth doesn't request a replay. had you been able to challenge it it obviously would have been overturned. Its like if you’re in the last 2 mins of the game the computer creates bad calls favorable to them and never seems to review them.

then you got the miracle comeback drives the computer puts together. ya defense was shutin the computer down all game and its like all of a sudden the computer has figured out how to move the ball better and ever other play is a first down for them till they score.

the magical sack pass where the computer gets sacked but somehow the ball gets out and a receiver does a low catch before it hits the ground. or worse ya linebackers and dbs just watch the wr catch the ball even though they were in a good position to knock the ball down.

sometimes it seems as if the computer has a fumble routine where if its down in a close game every other run play will result in a fumble till the computer gets the ball back and puts together a miracle drive to win it. ya hb can have a 90+ carry but he's constantly fumbling the ball even if you use the wrap it up button.

i've seen my wr tip the pass so the computer can get an int. even wr with 90+ catch all of a sudden can't catch and are tipping the passes up for grabs.

anybody else seen stuff like this?
I've yet to see any of this. Any interceptions I throw late in the game are typically my fault. Same with fumbles (normally due to failing to call a fair catch). If this kinda stuff that you are referring to only happens every once in a while then that's pretty realistic to me. Some crazy stuff happens in the last few minutes of real games, just ask the Saints. :y4:
Old 08-26-2004, 09:14 AM   #3
H*F Cl*ss *f '09

Kanobi's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryBook
I've yet to see any of this. Any interceptions I throw late in the game are typically my fault. Same with fumbles (normally due to failing to call a fair catch). If this kinda stuff that you are referring to only happens every once in a while then that's pretty realistic to me. Some crazy stuff happens in the last few minutes of real games, just ask the Saints. :y4:
Yeah, honestly I have yet to see any comeback logic and i've played ALOT of games thus far. The abscence of the comeback ai is one of the main reasons I still play and enjoy 05 MUCH more than 04.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:30 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

There is no comeback logic from what i've seen on all-pro (all-madden is a different story perhaps though). Although I'm not saying comebacks don't happen in the game. However they happen in real life as well. I think it's simply your perception.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:32 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
There is no comeback logic from what i've seen on all-pro (all-madden is a different story perhaps though). Although I'm not saying comebacks don't happen in the game. However they happen in real life as well. I think it's simply your perception.
It's kind of funny, isn't it. If we comeback and beat the computer, it's a great win for us but if the computer comes back and beats us, it cheated.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2004, 09:40 AM   #6
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Old 08-26-2004, 09:52 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
It's kind of funny, isn't it. If we comeback and beat the computer, it's a great win for us but if the computer comes back and beats us, it cheated.
That's right. Most of the time that there's a complaint it includes something like "and i lost the game", "and MY pass went incomplete", "something bad happened to me". A lot of the times that I complain about something I base it on something that happened to the CPU and not me. Either because that's the way I see it or just cause I prefer to post it in that form so that it's not "bad for me=bad in the game" type of complaining.

But the comeback is never present in close games. And it's never that bad as the opening post. Haven't played 2005 yet but 2004 it was only present when the CPU was down by like 14-17 plus points and even then not always.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:55 AM   #8
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:

I am sooo feeling you. I dont get it either. Its like no one wants to ever lose or be challenged. Also, how many greats have you seen screw up a game. True it doesnt happen each week, but Jerry Rice has dropped passes for TDs, Barry Sanders has fumbled, and even Joe Montana threw interceptions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »