Home

the morale thing... does it actually effect players skills

This is a discussion on the morale thing... does it actually effect players skills within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-28-2004, 12:30 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 1
the morale thing... does it actually effect players skills

I am the Browns and before the season started traded Jeff Garcia and Charles Woodson (traded 1st round pick for him) and lee suggs for mike vick and finneran... and this basically made every single starter upset... all of them were red in the morale thing saying how they were leaving after the season and what not... but now im 5-0 in all madden and have not noticed any decrease in skill level of all the upset players... so i dont know what the morale thing actually effects? also i re-signed vick so i guess it doesnt really effect the ability to sign extensions... anyone notice anything... sorry if this subject has already been addressed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2004, 05:36 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: the morale thing... does it actually effect players skills

The players who complained really wonnt sign with you next year
Old 08-28-2004, 09:17 AM   #3
Rookie

jk5911's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
The players who complained really wonnt sign with you next year

So, if their contract is up they won't re-sign? But you can re-sign them before their contract is up. Thats strange. Anyone else know about this.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:18 AM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk5911
So, if their contract is up they won't re-sign? But you can re-sign them before their contract is up. Thats strange. Anyone else know about this.
If their morale becomes completely empty, they could become "Trade Me" players that will not play for you under any conditions. regardless of whether you resigned them during the season or not. A "Trade Me" player will receive a "Trade Me" text under his picture, kind of like a "Holdout" player receives "Holdout" text below his picture.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:46 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

To touch on the holdout aspect, Fred Beasely held out for me. I decided to take a similar approach as the Patriots did with Ben Watson... and sat Fred for the entire season.

Fred gained 7 points while riding the bench for the entire year. He ended up being a 99 for the next season and basically ended up a holdoutē. I think I traded him for a 4th rounder.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2004, 05:58 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 1

so if it gets on empty... does that mean you cant play with the player at all? it just seems like the morale doesnt really efffect anything
Old 08-28-2004, 06:20 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerandom
so if it gets on empty... does that mean you cant play with the player at all? it just seems like the morale doesnt really efffect anything

I had Jerry Azumah with the trade me status and I couldnt even use him in training camp to do the swat ball drill

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »