Home

Anyone else agree that blocking is horrid in this game?

This is a discussion on Anyone else agree that blocking is horrid in this game? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2004, 06:37 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Anyone else agree that blocking is horrid in this game?

Play on all-madden, end of discussion.

chef423
Old 08-31-2004, 06:43 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Anyone else agree that blocking is horrid in this game?

My experience is that the blocking is largely affected by how the runner moves. Shouldn't necessarily be the case, but it is. If you make very minor adjustments in your angles, it will impact the blocking. For instance, if you are coming up on a hole and the fullback is through and has a choice of going after either the safety or the linebacker, the way in which you go through the hole will affect the choice. Now of course the fullback should have no idea what the halfback is up to and should always make the proper read, but I get the feeling this is done to force players to run plays the way they are designed (and I mean really run them that way, with next to no freedom at all). The blocking in 2K5 works that way as well, to a lesser extent.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »