Home

EA's response to glitch

This is a discussion on EA's response to glitch within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2004, 11:13 AM   #17
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: EA's response to glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqs
EA is trying its best to keep this glitch under wraps. Thats why there's been no mention of it on the servers. And even the "fix" is a quiet one. Fatigue says its "ON" but its really off. lmao.

EA should be ashamed of themselves. (they probably are which is why they're keeping it on the low)
Why? What would you have EA do, put up a huge message saying "here's a really effective way to cheat, but you shouldn't use it"?

The fewer people who know about this, the better imo.
Old 09-03-2004, 11:42 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah I guess its better that players dont know they're playing with fatigue off even though it says on....
Old 09-03-2004, 12:04 PM   #19
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqs
Yeah I guess its better that players dont know they're playing with fatigue off even though it says on....
It's not a particularly good solution, but under the circumstances it's not an unreasonable move by EA. If you have a better solution, I'd love to hear it.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:28 PM   #20
Pro

Catman24's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
It's not a particularly good solution, but under the circumstances it's not an unreasonable move by EA. If you have a better solution, I'd love to hear it.
If this is their only solution. They should have left it alone. Or they should have put it in, insuch a way that the players themselves could decide to play with it(fatigue) on or off. Like if am playing against someone that I DONT know I might want it off. But if am playing against someone that I DO know or aleast know about and trust. Then me and that peson could decide if wanted to leave it on or off. As of right now.This solution. To me. Is BOGUS.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:36 PM   #21
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

Is this Fatigue turned OFF for Ranked games only? Or can we play our friends in an Unranked game and still have fatigue?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2004, 02:03 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
Read the post below yours. Giving the players an option and notifying them of the reason for the change would have been an infinitely better solution. They dont have to spell it out for everyone to run home and try. "There's a glitch that allows for such and such..." is plenty enough info.
Old 09-04-2004, 04:38 AM   #23
Pro

OVR: 7
Unhappy Re: EA's response to glitch

Why can't EA just fix this and give us new discs or do some type of update if possible. I'm a true EA fan and if they let this one go I will be truly disappointed. The company is a cash cow and can easily make this move. Oh well, wishful thinking on my part.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:58 AM   #24
All Star

OVR: 21

Now I've been watching this situation unfold for a quite a while and I'm surprised at the responses I'm reading. Yes, this is a very big problem. And yes, this really hurts online play.

But honestly, what did you expect them to do? Do you really think they would recall the game and fix it? Time and money. I'm pretty sure it would take a while for them to fix the problem and then make enough copies to get out to everyone. And doing all this while developing Madden 2006. They made the best out of a bad situation and they even gave you a way to counter it. And yet you're still complaining. They could have easily done nothing at all!

Now sure, they could have gave us the option of being able to turn fatigue off and on. But who's to say you're playing a game against someone you know WITH FATIGUE ON (as an earlier poster mentioned) and one of you is losing. Are you 100% sure that neither of you will fall back onto a sure thing and glitch the hell out of each other?

This is the best thing they could have done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »