Home

We Are Our Own Worst Enemy . . .

This is a discussion on We Are Our Own Worst Enemy . . . within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2004, 10:16 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: We Are Our Own Worst Enemy . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHill
Yep, and it's ruined the industry. The net doesn't help things anymore. These kids should be thankful they're not playing 10 Yard Fight instead of whining about something that is optional.
Yup, 1.3 Million units sold in the first week. The industry has been ruined.
Old 09-04-2004, 11:13 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
Yup, 1.3 Million units sold in the first week. The industry has been ruined.
I think you're missing the point Ghill is trying to make and one I agree with. Some people spend too much of their time searching for glitches and ways to beat the AI and exploit them. And those that are fans of the other game will jump in and claim "That's it, the game is going back" because they didn't want to enjoy the game in the first place. Then the pile-on occurs. Without the net 99% of us would never even know these glitches existed.

Hell I've tried to get some of them to work and can't do it. I even formation audibled 11 times in a row last night and NOTHING. I know it exists because I saw a video of it, but I can't get it to work.

I'm just enjoying what the game offers. Ironically, I have no beef with Madden this year. I'm having a very good time with the game. I think people would be much happier if they just enjoyed the game they played instead of testing it to find exploits.
Old 09-04-2004, 02:14 PM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeboo
I think you're missing the point Ghill is trying to make and one I agree with. Some people spend too much of their time searching for glitches and ways to beat the AI and exploit them. And those that are fans of the other game will jump in and claim "That's it, the game is going back" because they didn't want to enjoy the game in the first place. Then the pile-on occurs. Without the net 99% of us would never even know these glitches existed.

Hell I've tried to get some of them to work and can't do it. I even formation audibled 11 times in a row last night and NOTHING. I know it exists because I saw a video of it, but I can't get it to work.

I'm just enjoying what the game offers. Ironically, I have no beef with Madden this year. I'm having a very good time with the game. I think people would be much happier if they just enjoyed the game they played instead of testing it to find exploits.
I never test to find exploits. When I buy a game I do want to enjoy it. Like I said in my post, I enjoyed Madden 2004. I had no problems with it. I think that I'm like most people that way. However the flaws in Madden found me this year. I didn't plan to find money plays, I just started noticing guys open...all the time. What was most distressing is that I played Madden 2004 for 6 franchise seasons and never had a problem. I played Madden 2005 for less than 10 Games and I started seeing this stuff. And if I found it that means others EASILY found it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2004, 04:43 PM   #36
Rookie

jk5911's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
I never test to find exploits. When I buy a game I do want to enjoy it. Like I said in my post, I enjoyed Madden 2004. I had no problems with it. I think that I'm like most people that way. However the flaws in Madden found me this year. I didn't plan to find money plays, I just started noticing guys open...all the time. What was most distressing is that I played Madden 2004 for 6 franchise seasons and never had a problem. I played Madden 2005 for less than 10 Games and I started seeing this stuff. And if I found it that means others EASILY found it.

I can't believe so many people think that Madden 2004 is better than this year. 2004 was a score fest and I never lost to the CPU on All-pro and would easily score 50 points a game. This year actually has defense and I have lost quite a few games on all-pro. Last years Madden was a disgrace and I am very happy with this years version overall.
Old 09-05-2004, 12:09 PM   #37
Pro

If you're old enough to remember the glory days of the NES, this industry is totally different. For this generation that's immpossible to grasp because they never had those gaming days and never saw how simple everything was. It was a lot better imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »