Home

Every Year The Same Thing!

This is a discussion on Every Year The Same Thing! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-11-2004, 09:49 PM   #17
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Every Year The Same Thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytonsplace
Look, I gave my reasons why I consider the AI for Madden to be subpar. It does not adapt (If you like, I can send you severall money plays that the AI will not adapt too, even on All Madden). I picked up NFL 2K5 and have actually seen adaptation to my playcalling style. I think that is pretty good. Don't let this thread be a Madden vs 2K5 thing. There are alot of things that Madden does well. However because I live out New Mexico and don't have broadband I'm a slave to the one player mode. Thus good Football AI is critical to me and Madden just did not have it this year.
I was just out in New Mexico on business.. loved it there.

Anyway, I'm the opposite of you. I bought both games and after many games with both, Madden just plays much better for me in single player mode. I miss ESPN's presentation, but I love everything else about Madden. For the record, Madden 2k4 went right back to the store for a trade in.

The stats seem right on with Madden, for my style of gameplay. I hated it when someone like Torry Holt would catch one ahead of the defense but someone would catch him in ESPN, with Madden he's gone. There are plenty of other things that gave me a love-hate relationship with ESPN... but I love the online play of ESPN.

I'm glad you're enjoying ESPN, you're not alone. I just think this year, both games are fun and it's really split down the middle, which is always a good thing.

Todd
Old 09-12-2004, 05:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

The AI in Madden is overrated.

I -Form slants, two steps and fire you can throw all day. This ruined the game for me.. Just knowing you can do that anytime.
Old 09-12-2004, 05:27 PM   #19
NYG_Meth

VanCitySportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 23

Madden will not overhaul the graphics. There's no pt since there's only one more version coming out for current consoles.

Judging by sales consumers love the Madden series, especially the 2005 version.
Old 09-12-2004, 11:51 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I'm 100% happy with Madden 2005. I think it's the best NFL football simulation to date and have already played it more than I did Madden 2004 which I felt was pretty lacking. I also play ESPN but only online because of the terrible cpu issues that sliders can't correct like the mobile QBs don't run, teams don't play like the real life teams, QB spy don't work, etc.

Are you trying to say Madden is more realistic than ESPN or Madden is more realistic than previous versions of Madden.
Old 09-13-2004, 12:29 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianflow
Madden will not overhaul the graphics. There's no pt since there's only one more version coming out for current consoles.

Judging by sales consumers love the Madden series, especially the 2005 version.
Good. It will keep the folks at Sega hungry. I hope that NFL2K5 sells good enough to keep the product profitable but not too good (less they get lazy ala Madden). Look at FIFA and Winning Eleven, FIFA outsells it here in the US but which game is the better soocer game.

I'll say one thing, whichever presidential candidate hired the EA hype machine would win the election in a landslide.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2004, 02:23 AM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Playmakers's Arena

OVR: 40

Wow, doesn't it suck when you type all that garbage to persuade other people that a good game is a bad game and they all respond by telling you they LUV MADDEN?

Well here's my 2 cents....I LUV MADDEN 05 aswell and I have ESPN but what does that have to do with anything. Madden is still a good game. Sorry, you waisted your time posting yet another Madden SUCKS thread.
Old 09-14-2004, 02:35 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmakers
Wow, doesn't it suck when you type all that garbage to persuade other people that a good game is a bad game and they all respond by telling you they LUV MADDEN?

Well here's my 2 cents....I LUV MADDEN 05 aswell and I have ESPN but what does that have to do with anything. Madden is still a good game. Sorry, you waisted your time posting yet another Madden SUCKS thread.
Madden has significant problems this year. If you like it then fine, however it does not change the fact that the game is riddled with money plays, has this quicksand glitch and for many people has been a letdown. If you are satisfied paying $50 for this sort of thing... oh well.
Old 09-14-2004, 03:46 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersBaby
The AI in Madden is overrated.

I -Form slants, two steps and fire you can throw all day. This ruined the game for me.. Just knowing you can do that anytime.
I can't do that on All-Madden..... not all the time anyway...... I get picked a number of times trying to do that because the CB plays the role of Jesus when playing man to man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »