Home

The good ole days Madden 08

This is a discussion on The good ole days Madden 08 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2019, 04:44 PM   #1
Rookie

TrustTheProcess's Arena

OVR: 0
The good ole days Madden 08

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IhH...ature=youtu.be

I mean the proof is in the pudding. So much deeper franchise and more options. I miss this franchise mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2019, 05:05 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: The good ole days Madden 08

Man I miss this game people need to see this. EA needs to put all this back to make it the perfect game

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 07-07-2019, 08:40 PM   #3
MVP

cedwebb's Arena

OVR: 11

Ha ha this makes me chuckle. My bro and I have been Madden gamers since the first one, he is now 46 and still plays this version on his Ps2. Keeps telling me it’s the best and he had no reason to move on. I do agree the options along with really great gameplay still set this one apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-10-2019, 08:58 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 4

I have most of the old Madden games but today I picked up 06 and 08 for about five bucks each.
Old 08-11-2019, 02:33 PM   #5
Hail To The Redskins!

cjallure24's Arena

OVR: 18

Satisfies my football franchise mode appetite.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2019, 10:26 PM   #6
Rookie

And how much of that is just nostalgia? Im guessing you played it as a kid. And compared to the modern games, of course it's going to seem fantastic. But I just tried playing it today and im about to uninstall it now. I just couldnt really get into the normal gameplay, a bit stiff and janky, buttons and controls being different. But hey! that isnt fair, not the games fault really. So I thought id get into the groove of it by playing superstar mode, by focusing on just one position... ohh turns out that mode is complete garbage; they actually did a single player focus mode without a player lock hahahaha
Old 10-06-2019, 12:17 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacharNabai
And how much of that is just nostalgia? Im guessing you played it as a kid. And compared to the modern games, of course it's going to seem fantastic. But I just tried playing it today and im about to uninstall it now. I just couldnt really get into the normal gameplay, a bit stiff and janky, buttons and controls being different. But hey! that isnt fair, not the games fault really. So I thought id get into the groove of it by playing superstar mode, by focusing on just one position... ohh turns out that mode is complete garbage; they actually did a single player focus mode without a player lock hahahaha
LOL wut? the PS2 Madden was anything but stiff.

Yes controls are different, you get used to it. I loved the PS2 superstar it had flaws but you had 3 practices a week, gameplans which would tell you plays in the game, agents, movie roles, press conferences. It was just really immersive even if not perfect

Last edited by shangsta; 10-06-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Old 04-23-2020, 01:10 AM   #8
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cedwebb
Ha ha this makes me chuckle. My bro and I have been Madden gamers since the first one, he is now 46 and still plays this version on his Ps2. Keeps telling me it’s the best and he had no reason to move on. I do agree the options along with really great gameplay still set this one apart.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

hey man, great to hear! PS2 madden is the absolute best. Would you or your bro be interesred in still gaming madden 08 for ps2 online vs others? Theres a community of us on discord who game it on PC but one can easily use a ps2 controller. Many of us are ex PS2-ers. Let me know

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »