Home

Something EA Needs to Fix

This is a discussion on Something EA Needs to Fix within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2004, 02:36 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Something EA Needs to Fix

They need to make it so we can change a Player to any position or at least be available for any position on the Depth Chart. First, the Broncos don't have a 2nd LT, so they have Tyson Clabo on there as Default. He isn't even on their Practice Squad(He's on the Giants') so I had to created their Long Snapper, Mike Leach, who is really a TE, as a crappy LT. I shouldn't have even encountered this problem. Dwayne Carswell, who plays TE for them, spent time at LT all Summer long and then changed back to TE when Chamberlain and Weaver were Released. I wanted to move him back to LT but I wasn't allowed. I was allowed to move him to MLB though. Like that makes any friggin sense.

The big one is, that EA doesn't let you put WR's on the Depth Chart. Champ Bailey and Deion Sanders are both going to get opportunities on Passing Downs for their respective teams. Especially Champ, who was a great Wideout in College. Shanahann said that whenever he's on the field when the Offense is out, he's getting the ball. Last week they had a 3rd and 13 against the Chiefs, he lined up in the Backfield and caught a nice little swing pass from Plummer, took it 10 Yards down the Sideline and then leaped/dove for another 2, briniging up a 4th and Inches. He's obviously going to have a nice role in the Offense and he needs to be available to play WR in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2004, 03:32 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Something EA Needs to Fix

those guys will get 1-2 touches a year if lucky. not really that important
Old 09-16-2004, 06:25 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydelic
those guys will get 1-2 touches a year if lucky. not really that important

Maybe Deion but Bailey was out on Offense about 8 times. And already has a catch for 12 Yards. There is NO WAY he only winds up with 1 or 2 Catches. I'd say he winds up in the 14-16 Range which means he should be available at WR. He is a bigger part of the offense than someone like Charie Adams or Triandos Luke, yet their available to the Depth Chart.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:17 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 13

Yeah, i was pissed when they wouldn't let me put Antwaan Randle El as the 4th string QB! He has a pass rating of like 77 for his career, not bad for a WR.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:23 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

if the other 3 go down he would then be the quarterback since his pass attributes are high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2004, 07:33 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I wish you could make these substitutions through custom packages. It's a great feature but you can't really do what you want with it. Wanna make a package where Randle el or Ward line up at qb? Too bad you can't. . .Oh yeah but you could put your punter or place kicker in though. =(
Old 09-16-2004, 07:36 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacklin' Fuel 55
I wish you could make these substitutions through custom packages. It's a great feature but you can't really do what you want with it. Wanna make a package where Randle el or Ward line up at qb? Too bad you can't. . .Oh yeah but you could put your punter or place kicker in though. =(

Actually, Randle El is 3rd on the Depth Chart. So that's pretty damn gay you can't put him at QB on the Depth Chart.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:25 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Every year I get in to trying to replicate the rosters exactly like the NFL. And every year I give up when I hit that problem. It just can't be done. It is frustrating because you would think a simulation game would allow you the lattitude to change players positions, so you can have real rosters. Oh well, guess we'll settle for kind of real.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »