Home

Which Madden after 06 on the PS2 is the best?

This is a discussion on Which Madden after 06 on the PS2 is the best? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2020, 11:32 PM   #1
Rookie

ESPOMAN's Arena

OVR: 17
Which Madden after 06 on the PS2 is the best?

I have Madden 04, 05, and 06 on the PS2 and I am curious on which one after that is the best and if it's even worth picking up? From what I hear they're all pretty similar. Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2020, 10:14 AM   #2
Pro

mWolfe's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Which Madden after 06 on the PS2 is the best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPOMAN
I have Madden 04, 05, and 06 on the PS2 and I am curious on which one after that is the best and if it's even worth picking up? From what I hear they're all pretty similar. Thanks
I have Madden 02 through Madden 12 on the PS2

I would say get 07 and 08 because from 09 through 12 they took away some control when playing against the CPU.

If you ever done the 2 controller method or heard of it, it works in 07 and 08 allowing you to change the substitution percentage and turning the vision cone on and off, but from 09 through 12 you can no longer do that, since I always turn the vision cone on, in 09 through 12 once you put the 2 controller back into CPU it turns the vision cone off and goes back to default settings.

So 07 and 08 are your best bets and they are usually only a $1.99 in places like Game Exchange.

Madden 07 and 08 are definitely worth picking up.

Each team has its own defensive playbooks versus the 4 default defensive playbooks that each team uses in 04 through 06.

And the new highlight stick help distinguish smaller speed backs versus big bruiser backs.

Very fun to play.

Last edited by mWolfe; 02-17-2020 at 10:29 AM.
Old 02-20-2021, 04:40 PM   #3
Just started!

OVR: 0

Yep, the dude above me is right. Madden 07 is the best PS2 Madden
Old 03-18-2021, 01:44 PM   #4
Rookie

Who the hell is game exchange? Never heard of it
Old 03-22-2021, 09:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just had an epic game in 07. Been enjoying madden 12 and 25 on ps3 and 21 on pc. 07 gave me the best franchise experience yesterday than ive ever had in a long time and i lost the game. I'm using rosters from football idiots that were ported by mWolfe I believe and I adjusted the contracts to scale down to the salary cap. So 07 ps2!

Last edited by H4wduk3n; 03-23-2021 at 06:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2021, 07:52 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by H4wduk3n
Just had an epic game in 07. Been enjoying madden 12 and 25 on ps3 and 21 on pc. 07 gave me the best franchise experience yesterday than ive ever had in a long time and i lost the game. I'm using rosters from football idiots that were ported by mWolfe I believe and I adjusted the contracts to scale down to the salary cap. So 07 ps2!
So what were the sliders? How'd you lose the game?
Old 03-28-2021, 06:46 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Well i had a lot of trouble moving the ball against the 49ers as the Packers. Similar to the playoff meetings i had trouble stopping the run. The cpu rbs would kill me with spins and jukes if i took the wrong angle. after i stopped pressing i tied the game late then back and fourth td drives for each team. Finally i gave them the ball with a minute or so left and was able to stop them. But in OT they got the ball first and hit a deep pass to set up game winner. My defense did better once i started pressuring jimmy g but then they ran a PA bootleg late in the 4th for a frustrating first down when i was excited to get the ball and maybe take the lead. my offense scored points but every drive was a grind and i had to get the ball out quick. I will get to my system and post sliders when i can.
Old 03-29-2021, 09:29 AM   #8
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3

I started on Madden 07 for Wii/PS2 and now PCXS2 - it's my favorite video game of all time. Go buy it for 5 bucks or so and see for yourself. The franchise is great, gameplay is solid (considering the times), customization is excellent, etc. Playing on PCSX2 makes it even better. There are some cons (which I will list below / fixes on how to deal with them), but there's a reason I play Madden 07 as opposed to other maddens. If you would like a detailed list of pros, I can write them out later!

Cons:

- no custom playbooks / outdated playbooks - I don't know how to fix this, but consider it part of being in 2006.

- player ratings too high - this is an annoyance, but on the other hand the players do play differently (ex: 85 different than 80, etc) so I'm not sure how much it matters

- HB/FB glitch - HB1 gets all of the carries. What I typically do is control 32 teams, let them do most of everything, except I put in HB2 as FB1 (for cpu games) or I'll manually sub in HB2/HB3 for a couple weeks a year.

- apparently the salary cap isn't great, but you can restrict yourself or go all 32 teams to fix it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »