Home

Can somebody please explain Friendly quits?

This is a discussion on Can somebody please explain Friendly quits? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2004, 08:54 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 18
Can somebody please explain Friendly quits?

The past 6 games I have had I have been up just before the half and people start requesting these. For example, I just took the lead 24 - 7 on some guy in the third qtr. and stoned him on D, then he asks for a friendly quit. I'm not understanding why I would give up an easy victory and quit? Then after I decline they pull the plug. If I wanted to play the computer so much I would just play offline!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2004, 11:24 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: Can somebody please explain Friendly quits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by green94
The past 6 games I have had I have been up just before the half and people start requesting these. For example, I just took the lead 24 - 7 on some guy in the third qtr. and stoned him on D, then he asks for a friendly quit. I'm not understanding why I would give up an easy victory and quit? Then after I decline they pull the plug. If I wanted to play the computer so much I would just play offline!!!!
Just take the quit, you still get the win. Its so that you and the other guy aren't wasting your time in a game that's already basically decided.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:49 PM   #3
MVP

Lester206's Arena

OVR: 9

i thought friendly quits dont count as anything. its as if the game never happend. Offering mercy or conceiting to defeat will give you the win. If the other person pulls the plug, then you have to beat the CPU and finish the game to get the win
Old 09-20-2004, 11:59 PM   #4
Banned

OHguy00's Arena

OVR: 17

Lester...you're right. Friendly quits are as if the game never happened. ODogg, you're thinking of granting/conceding mercy when you are up by 22 points or more.
Old 09-20-2004, 11:59 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester206
i thought friendly quits dont count as anything. its as if the game never happend. Offering mercy or conceiting to defeat will give you the win. If the other person pulls the plug, then you have to beat the CPU and finish the game to get the win
D'oh, i'm sorry you are right. I was confusing friendly quit with offering mercy. Yeah don't accept friendly quit if you're up. If I were you and they offered that i'd refuse, then offer them a "Offer mercy" if it's available. If not then just play on and if they quit they get the quit on their record. If you have this problem alot and your'e looking to play ppl who don't quit you need to join a league.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2004, 01:36 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

I can explain them. It's an option EA put in to further humuliate people who are getting their tails kicked 35-0 in on-line play. As if getting killed wasn't enough, they want the person getting their tail kicked to beg for a friendly quit, which the other person will almost always deny. Great option.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:17 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikman08
I can explain them. It's an option EA put in to further humuliate people who are getting their tails kicked 35-0 in on-line play. As if getting killed wasn't enough, they want the person getting their tail kicked to beg for a friendly quit, which the other person will almost always deny. Great option.
Nah man, it's not for that at all. It's there so that if you start the game with someone and something is not setup right you can stop the game and no ones penalized. For instance I went to play my friend Matt the other day and I accidentally forgot to pick the right playbook. I asked for friendly quit and he said ok so that neither of us had to take a hit on our "Quit %". That's the real reason it's there, there should be a way to exit a game without someone being penalized if it's mutually agreeable.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Nah man, it's not for that at all. It's there so that if you start the game with someone and something is not setup right you can stop the game and no ones penalized. For instance I went to play my friend Matt the other day and I accidentally forgot to pick the right playbook. I asked for friendly quit and he said ok so that neither of us had to take a hit on our "Quit %". That's the real reason it's there, there should be a way to exit a game without someone being penalized if it's mutually agreeable.
Yeah, I know, I was just playin. But, every friendly quit I've requested has been denied. And it wasn't because they were up by 20 or something.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »