Home

Need Tips On Sacks and Pressure on Qb's from Dline

This is a discussion on Need Tips On Sacks and Pressure on Qb's from Dline within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2004, 12:43 PM   #9
Roll Tide!

Coach Bryant's Arena

OVR: 25
Thumbs up Re: Need Tips On Sacks and Pressure on Qb's from Dline

I have found that a well timed blitz will blow'em up in the backfield. Hope this helps.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:11 PM   #10
Pro

TheProfessional's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Need Tips On Sacks and Pressure on Qb's from Dline

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjj2xs
Hi everyone,

just needed some tips on getting pressure and sacks on the qb, i am using Professional's All-Madden sliders and i'm enjoying them very much, but to my dismay iseem to have a hard time getting pressure and qb sacks on the cpu qb, i'm playing with the Jets and i know they have to decent de's with ellis and abraham. Pro's sliders have cpu pass protection really low(slider wise) and i still cant seem to get to the qb without jacking up the break block sliders, i dont want to to do this cuz it will effect gameplay. (i.e. cpu's rushing attack as well as passing %) so i know it's techinque and mine must stink, so can anybody help me this, it would greatly be appreciated.........thanks..................sjj2xs

Its funny you mention d-line pressure because i actually had that in mind when i created them. I wanted to create a set that allowed for a good amount of qb pressure on the cpu to make up for the not so good human defensive backs. However i didn't want a crazy number of sacks either. So just because you're not getting sacks every game, don't think that that is bad. Remember the average number of sacks a game a team gets is about 2.

Anyway, i would consider myself a decent madden player, nothing special. i had trouble getting pressure on the qb myself. So here are a few tips for you that i use.

1. I try not to blitz too too much. As you've noticed, the human defense back play leaves something to be desired, so i try not to leave my corners on an island.
2. Instead i'll shift my line left, right, and wide. Shifting the line out wide seems to create the best pressure for me, but be careful with that, i've been caught with my pants down when the cpu called a draw (which i loved, because that's football!)
3. If i have a speed end, sometimes i'll just move the end i'm controlling out wide an try to just run around the tackle.
4. The swim move seems to work the best for me. Like what others have said, mix it up. Sometimes, i'll just try to use the swim move and go to the outside. Sometimes i'll take the tackle outside, and then try to use the swim move to break back inside of him.

Hope that helps.
Old 09-24-2004, 12:36 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjj2xs
who's sliders are you using? i'm using professional's all-madden sliders, and my db's still dont react to the ball the way the cpu does even if i jack them up...............................sjj2xs
my own sliders. I play the game for the first 3 weeks or so just tweaking my sliders.

I've actually got two sets that I like a lot. All Pro, and All Madden.

All Madden
13 Minute Accelerated Clock

Offense Human/CPU
QB Accuracy 10/6
Pass Block 11/6
WR Catching 10/7
RB Ability 13/13
Run block 12/15

Defense
Awareness 14/9
Knockdowns 13/10
Interceptions 11/9
Break Block 10/9
Tackling 11/10

Special Teams
FG Length 10/10
FG Accuracy 12/8
Punt Length 10/17
Punt Accuracy 12/11
Kickoff Length 10/12

Penalties All MAX

All-Pro
12 Accelerated Clock

Offense Human/Cpu
QB Accuracy 10/7
Pass Blocking 10/9
WR Catching 11/10
RB Ability 11/15
Run Blocking 11/13

Defense
Awareness 9/11
Knockdown 8/3
Interceptions 10/11
Break Block 8/7
Tackle 10/9

ST All Default... except CPU Punt Length up to 14

Penalties.... All MAX

Try em out, and see how ya like em....

I get pretty good results outta both. All-Pro is a little more consistent. I don't have many big plays (20 + yards) but I play small ball very well. On all Madden, I'm more prone to having bigger plays, but the small ball game doesn't work as well.

And yeah, don't have any crazy mad computer crazy **** going on. I must say this year, All madden is finally playable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2004, 11:39 PM   #12
Pro

sjj2xs's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by knappyone
my own sliders. I play the game for the first 3 weeks or so just tweaking my sliders.

I've actually got two sets that I like a lot. All Pro, and All Madden.

All Madden
13 Minute Accelerated Clock

Offense Human/CPU
QB Accuracy 10/6
Pass Block 11/6
WR Catching 10/7
RB Ability 13/13
Run block 12/15

Defense
Awareness 14/9
Knockdowns 13/10
Interceptions 11/9
Break Block 10/9
Tackling 11/10

Special Teams
FG Length 10/10
FG Accuracy 12/8
Punt Length 10/17
Punt Accuracy 12/11
Kickoff Length 10/12

Penalties All MAX

All-Pro
12 Accelerated Clock

Offense Human/Cpu
QB Accuracy 10/7
Pass Blocking 10/9
WR Catching 11/10
RB Ability 11/15
Run Blocking 11/13

Defense
Awareness 9/11
Knockdown 8/3
Interceptions 10/11
Break Block 8/7
Tackle 10/9

ST All Default... except CPU Punt Length up to 14

Penalties.... All MAX

Try em out, and see how ya like em....

I get pretty good results outta both. All-Pro is a little more consistent. I don't have many big plays (20 + yards) but I play small ball very well. On all Madden, I'm more prone to having bigger plays, but the small ball game doesn't work as well.

And yeah, don't have any crazy mad computer crazy **** going on. I must say this year, All madden is finally playable.
i've been trying the OS all-pro sliders and getting Awesome games, but i've been using your tips as well as professional's and now starting to create more pressure on the qb's..........thanks a lot guys....................

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »