Home

Madden PC = SUCK?

This is a discussion on Madden PC = SUCK? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2004, 12:09 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Madden PC = SUCK?

I dont have the COnsole, but I have seen the gameplay on it at my brother's house....I watched several drives. I own the PC version and I have noticed that the graphics are crisper on the PC because of the higher resolutions ( I like 1600x1200 ) but the console version plays so much smoother...more fluid. The movement and animations seem so buttery compared to the PC which has a slight speeded up stiffness to it. I have a P4 3.0ghz with an ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128 and 1 gig of ram. Every year, the console version seems to be more fluid
Old 09-22-2004, 10:03 AM   #10
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

It will play smooth on lower visual settings. I can run it max (A64/X800XT) very smooth and it feels better than the Xbox version IMHO, the gameplay seems faster too which I like (The Xbox limits the framerate and hence seems a little slow paced to me). I just hate it when they get rid of features.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:46 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
No player editing during franchises.
No team captains.
No assist features.

Seems like that extra month was spent taking stuff out.

However, the graphics look amazing on max detail, it does what ESPN 2K5 does (bump mapping etc) but a crap load better. Plus the models appear leaner and not so bulky, must be an aspect ratio thing.
The graphics on the pc don't compare to espn. You can bump map everything but if the players look like crap, they look like crap. Maybe it looks like a bump mapped cartoon or something but it does not look good at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »