Home

Enough Tackles on 12 min Qtrs?

This is a discussion on Enough Tackles on 12 min Qtrs? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2004, 05:56 AM   #1
player

OVR:
Enough Tackles on 12 min Qtrs?

I have been playing 12 minute accelerated quarters but i never seem to get enough tackles. i have now bumped it up to 13 but 100 tackles seems doubtful. has anyone got over 100 using 12/acc qtrs? i know the secret is more cpu running but that seems like it never will happen. if i am lucky the cpu will rush for 20. but usually less.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2004, 09:30 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Enough Tackles on 12 min Qtrs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by player
I have been playing 12 minute accelerated quarters but i never seem to get enough tackles. i have now bumped it up to 13 but 100 tackles seems doubtful. has anyone got over 100 using 12/acc qtrs? i know the secret is more cpu running but that seems like it never will happen. if i am lucky the cpu will rush for 20. but usually less.

i have been using proffessional's all-madden sliders in my franchise with the cards. I used the strong safety every play unless he was tired (Adrien Wilson) and he led the team in tackles with around 110. My mlb McKinnen (Sp?) also had over 100. I played 6 min. quarters
Old 09-21-2004, 11:43 AM   #3
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

I got 112(I think) playing as Dat Nguyen all year on 12 min accelerated. Another LB on my team got 100 in the same season. So yea, it's possible. you only need 6 or 7 a game to get to 100 for the year(I always look to get 8 a game, sometimes I get 3 or 4 against pass happy teams but I had a couple of games with 15 or so). I got most of mine off of the run but you have to get some on pass plays too. I don't know if it's sliders or what, but if you can't get to 100 on 12 minutes then you might want to look at changing them a little. probably just need teh CPU to run a little bit more and you will be there.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:47 AM   #4
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by player
Mine are spread around too much. Somebody will get 8 one game and 2 the next.
Old 09-21-2004, 12:11 PM   #5
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by camulos
Mine are spread around too much. Somebody will get 8 one game and 2 the next.
mine do that sometimes, but usually it's only spread out around 2 or 3 guys the whole season so I end up with 3 guys with over 80 tackles. Two linebackers and a corner ended up with a lot of tackles for me in the last season I played and then a few more were down around 50 for the year. I guess it might depend on who you control too, I use the MLB and get a whole lot of my tackles against runs up the middle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2004, 12:29 PM   #6
Stu
All Star

Stu's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM1847
mine do that sometimes, but usually it's only spread out around 2 or 3 guys the whole season so I end up with 3 guys with over 80 tackles. Two linebackers and a corner ended up with a lot of tackles for me in the last season I played and then a few more were down around 50 for the year. I guess it might depend on who you control too, I use the MLB and get a whole lot of my tackles against runs up the middle.
I think part of the problem may be the CB's make too many tackles agains the running game. For me they are getting 60+ tackles when it should be closer to 40. This takes away from the LB's numbers quite a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »