Home

Interceptions

This is a discussion on Interceptions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2004, 02:05 PM   #1
Rookie

k_reem33's Arena

OVR: 2
Icon11 Interceptions

I have been surprised how easy it is to get interceptions. On some Maddens, I would struggle in this area. But now I am averaging at least 2 to 3 a game and they are usually all user pics. In my franchise with the Ravens, both Chris McAlister and Gary Baxter both had double digit interceptions during the season and a lot of my other players had between 5 and 9 of them. I usually get a lot of picks with my middle linebackers. Especially with Ray Lewis. I take control of him and patrol the middle of the field. And any pass that comes across the middle is usually intercepted. This has become very helpful, especially in goalline situations where the quarterback tries to hit someone cutting across the middle. I was wondering if anyone else was having the same success with interceptions as I am?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2004, 01:44 PM   #2
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Interceptions

What is your INT slider set on?
Old 09-23-2004, 02:18 PM   #3
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Interceptions

I had this problem too(although it doesn't really sound like you are considering it a problem). The thing I noticed is that the INT slider effects the CPU getting picks for your team more than it effects USER PICKS. So I went really low with the slider and all it ended up doing was make the CPU controlled guys on my team drop really easy picks they should definitely have caught. So I bumped the slider back up and the only thing I can do is not switch to the DB when the pass is in the air. It took me a while to actually do this, but I'm used to it now and I let the CPU do the pass coverage and I stay on my MLB the whole time. That way if there is a really easy pick to be made the CPU will still do it, but I won't be getting 3-4 a game either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »